Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What division do you honestly think we will be in when falmer opens?

???

• Total voters

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I've voted Championship, but then, apart from the televised match at Southampton, I haven't seen you play for years. I base my optimism on a simple feeling that Poyet is going to be a very good manager.
Sunderland were relegated from The Premier League in our last season at Roker Park. Thus, we kicked off at the SOL in The Championship; but it worked out very well. We finished third (with the highest ever points total for a club not promoted) and had that memorable match at Wembley against Charlton, in the first season at the SOL. The next season we ran away with the title, and the impetus saw sell-outs nearly every game for our first two and a half seasons back in the PL. So while I'm hoping you'll be promoted as Champions next season, a Division One title-winning season for your first at Falmer isn't an unattractive option for your club.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I definitely don't think it will be League 2. Realistically, looking at the last couple of seasons, it will probably be League 1. However, anything is possible and it may just be that we get a top six place next season with a few good signings over the summer. A lot will depend on how much money Bloom gives Poyet to spend in the summer and obviously how well he spends it.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
league one - I think it has been a mistake for TB to mention that we should be in the championship by for the first season at Falmer as it's generated to much pressure on the team and Manager(s)!

Let's just get settled with this management team and stick with it and let them build a team, then talk about the Chamopionship. If we stay settled on the manager front, then I expect us to be challenging at the top end of League 1 in our first year at Falmer.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It is simple as this, we've got to be in the Championship before Falmer opens. Or we will be struggling to get any kind of attendances to throughly fill Falmer.

don't agree is we are winning people will turn up no matter what league we are in. Maybe not 22,000 people but enough to cover the bills until we get up

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It is simple as this, we've got to be in the Championship before Falmer opens. Or we will be struggling to get any kind of attendances to throughly fill Falmer.

Disagree strongly.

If we are playing winning, top-of-the-table football in League 1 we will have far bigger home crowds than we'd have going nowhere in the Championship. We will have bigger travelling support visiting us in the Championship however.

Is there any substance to the 'you get MUCH more money for being in the Championship' when it comes to league/TV money (ie NOT self-generated revenue)? I certainly recall it being said last time we were at those lofty heights that our income didn't change much, and not just because Withdean wat near capacity, yet playing budgets to jump considerably as players expect a far higher wage in that league.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I can't see us ever sorting out out home form at Withdean to the extent that we will push for promotion. Our away form is top half of the table.

Would love to see us promoted in our first season at Falmer to the championship

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
League One

We will spend the summer making loads of signings of players we all think will be brilliant. Everyone will think we will win the league EASILY. The team will then not gel straight away and by October we will be calling for the managers head as the team struggles in 14th place

What like the last 3 seasons?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Although attendances at Withdean were barely 10% higher in the Championship.

I think the difference in attendances at Falmer between being top of League One and bottom half of the Championship will be insignificant.

That said it will probably make a difference to the season ticket sales at the start of the year.

Arguably though provided we get into the Championship within a couple of years then attendances will be fine. I think five years of league one at Falmer would see the bubble of a new stadium well and truly burst.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
League 1 but hopefully with a team playing attractive football chasing promotion which wouldnt necessarily be a disspointment, and I expect would net reasonable attendances.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Never really bothered me,as long as we are winning.Even better if we are playing some decent football.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I forecast that we will just escape relegation this season; next season we will finish 7th; first season at Falmer we will get a play off place but not win promotion. Poyet will then leave.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
We have to be in the Championship as the money you get in that division is much higher than League 1 and that is important for the club.

We are a gloomy lot - noone has voted Championship - even me, the league 2 ones are very gloomy indeed!

Not any more. The championship thing was based on us having a £25mil mortgage and all the interest that goes with it. We now have an interest free loan so it doesn't matter what division we're in.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Don't give a shit. Well obviously I do because if we're in League Two it means we've been relegated and I don't want that, but I'd MUCH rather be in League Two and pushing for promotion than have been over-promoted to the Championship and be struggling. Ideally I'd still like to be in this division but gearing up for a promotion push.

Basically I want our first season at Falmer to be all joy and light. I want win after win after win with a successful team acting as the magnet to get new and lapsed fans to come to Falmer. A struggling Championship team isn't go to be nearly so alluring as a team of WINNERS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here