What division do you honestly think we will be in when falmer opens?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

???

• Total voters

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
I think that we will stay up this season but to suddenly transform from a side facing relegation to a promotion chasing side isn't that likely IMO, unless there is a spectacular change in form and loads of decent signings in the Summer!

Perhaps Falmer (decent pitch, facilities and hopefully crowds) will inspire us to promotion in our first year. :thumbsup:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We need to be in the Championship, but we will need an excellent summer of signings to be sure of it

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
League One, and I'd be very happy with that.

Never really understood this 'we have to be in the Championship the day Falmer opens' business.

We want to be in the Championship, of course we do. But do we want the first season in the new stadium to be a losing one? Much better to be in League One, win some games, build the crowds up (and the squad) with a winning team, hopefully get promoted and be in a better position if and when we did make it.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
League One

We will spend the summer making loads of signings of players we all think will be brilliant. Everyone will think we will win the league EASILY. The team will then not gel straight away and by October we will be calling for the managers head as the team struggles in 14th place

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
League One, but starting to push into the right end of it finally. That'll do for me.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Out of the 32 votes so far in so far, not a single one believes we will be in the Championship for the opening. Not a very optimistic bunch are we!!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We have to be in the Championship as the money you get in that division is much higher than League 1 and that is important for the club.

We are a gloomy lot - noone has voted Championship - even me, the league 2 ones are very gloomy indeed!

League One, and I'd be very happy with that.

Never really understood this 'we have to be in the Championship the day Falmer opens' business.

We want to be in the Championship, of course we do. But do we want the first season in the new stadium to be a losing one? Much better to be in League One, win some games, build the crowds up (and the squad) with a winning team, hopefully get promoted and be in a better position if and when we did make it.

I was just about to post pretty much exactly this. We won't fill grounds by having big teams every week (there simply aren't enough, even in the Championship), we will fill the ground by winning. Unless a spending spree this summer is followed by another bigger one the summer after any promotion to the Championship would see us struggle, whereas we could (potentially, depending upon transfer activity between now and then) be in a position to dominate League 1 in our first season at the new ground.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
League One

We will spend the summer making loads of signings of players we all think will be brilliant. Everyone will think we will win the league EASILY. The team will then not gel straight away and by October we will be calling for the managers head as the team struggles in 14th place
Well done for being the thread CORRECTOID.

I wonder who next season's Graeme Smith will be? Someone who comes here with a decent reputation, plays f***ing shit for us, moves onto to a club at least as big as the Albion and then slags off his Albion NIGHTMARE.

I think it'll be record signing, Andy Monkhouse.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have been a major disappointment for two seasons and although there have been a few false dawns I expect us to be either at the arse end of League 1 or at the arse end of League 2. I have had the optimism sucked out of me...

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Fascinating poll this. Bearing in mind the majority of us think we will stay up (?), is there really not a single one of us who thinks we might get promoted next year?
Is this NSC just being honest with each other? Does no-one believe our Tone's masterplan is going to come good?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
League 1 going to take a huge investment to turn us from relegation contenders two seasons in a row to a play-off team. First season at Falmer and a promotion party though

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
League one is by far and away the most likely.

The mighty Leeds have provided a great demonstration of how difficult it is to get out of this division in the right direction.

I don't think it would be a disaster though. The opening games will be a case of 'build it and they will come'. After that initial wave of euphoria it will be down to how the team are playing, and the results they are getting. And we will get far higher crowds challenging for the title in League 1 than we would treading water mid-table in the Championship. The main difference is that there would, on average, be higher visiting support in the Championship.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Championship. I have faith in Gus and Bloom. They are going in the right direction.

Will be a weaker division next season with no Norwich, Charlton and Leeds.

Still fully expect us to finish this season in the top half, and see no reason why the play offs are not achievable next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports