What can you get to stop cats shitting in your garden??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You could help out a long term unemployed person by paying them a few quid to sit in your garden and scare the cats off.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Serious note though, cats are protected by law and it's illegal and a criminal offense to knowingly hurt or kill them.

Is it also the law that cat owners giggle and laugh to each other when they discuss what their cats have bought in to the bedroom at night half dead after being tortured for hours on the kitchen floor.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Haven't we done this before?
And we decided that the "big men" who liked hurting cats were sad, impotent wankers?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
and I don't care what damage it does!!!

you will when the owner sues you.
all animals are better protected than you or I and don't you think it rather silly to advertise not caring what damage it does on a public forum?

try roar its dehydrated lions poo and normally works well all the others are pretty useless as any cat worth his salt will avoid electronic devices and just poo somewhere else in your garden.
having worked in cats welfare for many years believe me its impossible to keep any cat out of any garden besides which anything construed as cruelty would mean you might end up being fined enormous amounts of money as well as paying compensation to the owner.

give the roar a chance eh!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Glasfryn will have a shit fit when he reads this thread. :lol:

not really I have been in cat welfare long enough to have heard it all.

Im sure there was some sort of fruit that repelled cats... ah it was an orange peel!

no it does not work.

A bird of prey hovering around the back garden normally does it.

thats if some animal/bird hating bastard does not shoot it first

Grapefruit peel does it aswell.

My cat always used to bury it's shit, make the owners train it properly.
will work sometime,I have found that cat haters alwyas have some wayward cat crapping in their garden ...........theres a message in there somewhere

Could do a job?
I doubt it the cat would be gone as soon as he moved

is the correct answer......invest in it

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Taser. Befriend the cat, then when it comes up for a nice little scratch behind the ears, wedge 40,000 volts up its arse. It will never be able to shit again.

Pump up water pistol/rifle is the best option, you can take them out in other people's gardens and set up an exclusion zone. If you want to be really nasty and make a point, piss in the water pistol/rifle, then when Tiddles gets home, the owners get a taste/smell of their own medicine.

Never found anything else that really works, they seem to become immune to anything that is tried, but a high power jet of water never, ever fails.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
When I lived in Hanover Area I planted a Curry Plant in each part of the garden and it seemed to do the trick. There's always:guns:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Haven't we done this before?
And we decided that the "big men" who liked hurting cats were sad, impotent wankers?

No I don't think that we did.

Anyhow - I do not like hurting them. It's just necesary to stop them shitting in my garden and therefore potentially harming my young children. All other forms (and I have tried them all) do not work sufficiently well. As i said - if it's a choice between a cat or my child - the cats gets it every time. And i do not even feel remotely guilty about that.

NB - impotent wankers? That would take time.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
why is there no town birds welfare, because the over population of cats have killed them all
strange I live in a rural area where there are loads of domestic cats and there are plenty of birds of every kind..........the absence of birds in Brighton is probably because of fumes from cars and the general noise caused by urban living

Good tip is a disused Tea Bag sprayed with deep heat. Works every time.

that is a good one I will keep that in mind.

How do you know it's a cat? Did you see it in the act? Mostly (OK not always) they bury it. If it's on the lawn it's more likely to be a fox.

if its on the lawn it is most probably a fox and if you have seen both types you can tell the difference

No I don't think that we did.

Anyhow - I do not like hurting them. It's just necesary to stop them shitting in my garden and therefore potentially harming my young children. All other forms (and I have tried them all) do not work sufficiently well. As i said - if it's a choice between a cat or my child - the cats gets it every time. And i do not even feel remotely guilty about that.

NB - impotent wankers? That would take time.

the instances of toxocara transfered from cats to humans is very rare,I was bought up in Brighton and we always had cats in the garden ours and those of the neighbours and dozens of kids and we never came to any harm.

I HAVE JUST GOOGLED for some results about this and it looks like you would have to injest the poo to get any infections and you are just as likely to get it from dogs as cats ...so unless the parks in Brighton have changed since I lived there they would be very dangerous places for kids or for that matter anyone ...........

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports