Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What can you get to stop cats shitting in your garden??

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i hate cats
sam_next_minigun.jpg

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
TonyW

Originally Posted by Barrel of Fun
What planet to you derive from? You can't go round poisoning people's domestic cats.

Well you should be able to!!!

There is ( or was ) a by-law in crowborough that says you can kill a cat thats on your property so long as you hand its skin back to it's owner.
Itold a neighbour who's cat kept shitting on my garden about it but settled for putting a tray of soot out ( apparently cats love to roll in soot)

I love cats but I understand your frustration.
If it's a cat, you can go to a garden centre or Wilkinsons type place and get some stuff which i call buggeroff or sodoff or something like that. Green crystals that you sprinkle near the last deposit. Smells nice to us but confuses the cat!! Works a treat.
But if it's an urban fox.......

"Scram" or "Get off my garden" (original eh?) I believe they are called although I like your names better. Reading this thread with interest as we are afflicted with cat shit in our garden. Will try the orange peel method and may invest in one of the sound gismos.

TonyW

Originally Posted by Barrel of Fun
What planet to you derive from? You can't go round poisoning people's domestic cats.

Well you should be able to!!!

There is ( or was ) a by-law in crowborough that says you can kill a cat thats on your property so long as you hand its skin back to it's owner.
Itold a neighbour who's cat kept shitting on my garden about it but settled for putting a tray of soot out ( apparently cats love to roll in soot)

Nice one Busby!

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
green pellets don't work
elctronic repellers - soon break in uk weather
pepper - doesn't work
orange peel doesn't work
rat poison - works a treat.

f*** 'em. I've got small children and cat shit is extremely dangerous to them. Choice between a dead cat or a dead child? bye bye cat.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Go down the beach - Catch a load of fish - hang them up in every tree in the villiage of Falmer - Cats no longer your problem - just theirs!!!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Build a bird house in the garden and keep one of these bad boys....problems over dude!!

bald_eagle-03.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
dont under ANY circumstances get the annoying sound device that deters cats, they are not meant to be heard by the Human Ear but thats a load of bollocks cos I heard plenty in my old job, really irritating.

My parents had one of these, worked really well for cats. Me, my brother and sister could all hear it though - parents returned it and it was replaced with one that was kid-friendly and still worked for cats.

Overall it worked well, but you have to bear in mind that kids can hear higher-pitched noises than adults, so could be affected.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
As a rule I'm another one who hates cats and my tactic used to be sprinkle hot chilli powder everywhere and let them lick that off their paws.

However in the last couple of years we have had new neighbours and they bought along a great cat. The thing is this animal is a big fluffy softy, who will roll over at your feet for a tummy tickle and if he can will invite himself into every house in the street.For some reason, he keeps the whole cat world in check. Nothing craps in our garden whilst the big softy is on patrol - long may he rule

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Have found that a CD/DVD hanging from a piece of string works really well as cats can't stand the rapid movement as it spins & catches the light.Very good in daylight,but a.22 air-rifle pellet up the shitter works better after dark!:flameboun

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Get a dog.

Serious note though, cats are protected by law and it's illegal and a criminal offense to knowingly hurt or kill them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here