Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What can you get to stop cats shitting in your garden??

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

D

Deleted User X18H

I will try Orange peel tonight (I will have to nip to Tesco's to buy an Orange ah Sangria)
and go to Ransoms tomorrow!! Chees all!

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A bird of prey hovering around the back garden normally does it.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Im sure there was some sort of fruit that repelled cats...

fruitandveggiedog.jpg

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
My neighbour bought a scarecrow for cats to try and stop my cat shitting in our communal front lawn. It worked for a week or so, until I trained him to shit ON the scarecrow with the use of cleverly placed litter.

If you train your cat well enough, he'll shit wherever you wish him to. :thumbsup:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I know you can buy lion shot from zoos - well Marwell at Winchester sell it I believe and I know that the dartmoor Wildlife Park sell it too.
Can't imagine they do mail order though !!
I have a dog and it makes no difference - the little bastards just come in the garden whether he's there or not - they just run faster if he's there !!

hornet

Mar 9, 2005
Horsham
It's very annoying.

I think cat owners should be prosecuted should you be able to tell who actually owns any of these things.

I'm sure the police would come knocking on my door should my kids continuously have a shit on my neighbours lawn so why the hell should I put up with their cats doing it? I'm sure it is just what cats do but why should I have to put up with having to prevent my kids from playing in their own garden because someone else's cat can't be arsed to have a dump in their own garden?

Political Correctness gone mad I say!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's very annoying.

I think cat owners should be prosecuted should you be able to tell who actually owns any of these things.

I'm sure the police would come knocking on my door should my kids continuously have a shit on my neighbours lawn so why the hell should I put up with their cats doing it? I'm sure it is just what cats do but why should I have to put up with having to prevent my kids from playing in their own garden because someone else's cat can't be arsed to have a dump in their own garden?

Political Correctness gone mad I say!

Think you may have accidentally hit upon the solution.

Maybe the trick is for you and/or your kids to take a dump on your neighbours lawn. :lol:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I love cats but I understand your frustration.
If it's a cat, you can go to a garden centre or Wilkinsons type place and get some stuff which i call buggeroff or sodoff or something like that. Green crystals that you sprinkle near the last deposit. Smells nice to us but confuses the cat!! Works a treat.
But if it's an urban fox.......

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here