[Albion] What a Lovely Club Chelsea Are..

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I worked with a lad who, in the 80s and early 90s would meet up in a pub on the Fulham Road and, if Chelsea had a black player in the team they wouldn't attend. When they did go, he spent the whole game, back to the pitch, 'hold me backing' at the away fans.

He had mental health issues, now resolved (age helps - he's 66 now. FFS).

:facepalm:

Chelsea were a proper club at one time. Not sure what they are now. Weirdos.
They definitely were a support ingrained with the very worst of 70s and 80s skinheads and casuals, just like WHU and Millwall....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Pardon? Been a STH for many years, including every of the Amex seasons, and never heard of or met any Chelsea fans who also happen to have a Brighton season ticket.

Quick count and I know 26 STH well enough to call mates and not a single one of them is a Chelsea fan in any shape or form. 1 of them supported Liverpool as a lad but grew out if it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I agree with most of this, but I think an interesting thing happening is that the kids of people who've moved to Brighton from the 4 corners are growing-up Albion fans. We are re-building a solid fan-base.

Indeed a lot of the incomers kids are born in Brighton and have become Albion supporters.

Blooming ooligans???
A couple of Brighton sth out there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200706_125932.jpg
    Screenshot_20200706_125932.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I have a friend who is a STH at Selhurst Park, he’s been to the Amex with us on numerous occasions when we’ve not been playing Palace, he’s even entertained some of his clients in the 1901 Club. He enjoys the experience at the Amex, but to be fair has a wry smile if/when we lose a game, but then gets the next round in, no hard feelings. We on the other hand give him dogs abuse at every opportunity, and none of us have ever accepted his offer to join him at SP.

God damn right you should! You’ve proved our superiority too, by never accepting, because we have morals where’s they obviously have their ‘price’ - probably about 30 pieces of silver.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Changed my mind about Tuchel after watching his interview. He said:

- They had enough chances to win it (wrong - we had more chances, and what did they create apart from the goal?)

- They were denied a stonewall penalty (so 'stonewall' the TV pundits didn't even know what he was referring to).

- Moaned endlessly about weakness of squad due to injuries and Covid. Just like every other team then, including us.

No acknowledgement or admittance that his team had been outplayed for most of the game.

Total prick.

It took him a while, but he fits in perfectly now :thumbsup:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Really obvious that many Amex STHs are not die hard Albion fans.

It would be incredible if that were not the case given our trophyless history and severely wilderness years in recent generations.

Hope for the future is that every good year gradually increases the fanbase.

My dream is we enjoy a sufficiently lengthy stay in the Prem to establish ourselves as a club with enough die hard local support to fill the stadium. There is no mystery to all the clubs that have large loyal support - they have enjoyed an extended period in the top flight.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I see Chelsea fans have now decided that they were cheated out of THREE stonewall penalties as well as Mount’s “goal” after the whistle blew for his foul on Veltman.
Their sense of entitlement is overwhelming. Perhaps we should ignore VAR and just give them a 4-1 win…….

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I've never really liked or disliked Chelsea as a club but they've certainly hit a new low in managerial appointments, watch what Touchy Tuchel does after begrudgingly shaking Potters hand at the final whistle on the official highlights, horrible little creature.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I see Chelsea fans have now decided that they were cheated out of THREE stonewall penalties as well as Mount’s “goal” after the whistle blew for his foul on Veltman.
Their sense of entitlement is overwhelming. Perhaps we should ignore VAR and just give them a 4-1 win…….

This. I've never seen such a display of denial about a football match. Baring in mind that Amazon (Chelsea TV?) Kept running the 'Penalty' incidents and failed to find evidence of an infringement. perhaps if their classless prick of a manager had been a bit more gracious, they would have been more accepting.
Pulisic was throwing himself to the ground all night so no surprise he went down when he did.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Really obvious that many Amex STHs are not die hard Albion fans.

It would be incredible if that were not the case given our trophyless history and severely wilderness years in recent generations.

Hope for the future is that every good year gradually increases the fanbase.

My dream is we enjoy a sufficiently lengthy stay in the Prem to establish ourselves as a club with enough die hard local support to fill the stadium. There is no mystery to all the clubs that have large loyal support - they have enjoyed an extended period in the top flight.

When have we not been able to fill The Amex? I became a STH when we were in the Championship because it was often difficult to buy tickets on a per match basis. We have been very well supported for the last 10 years...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I used to go to Highbury and Emirates when mates tickets going spare, never supported Arsenal or even a soft spot for. Just liked to see football. By same token, Arsenal mate enjoyed a number of Albion games down the years from L1 to Prem. He doesn’t support Albion either, though he’s first to admit it’s more fun following Brighton!

People need to get over themselves. Every week, at every ground, there will be fans of other clubs amongst the crowd. Always the case and always will be.

Yep. I’ve used mates STs at Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U and Plymouth (and went to Wembley for one of their playoffs) but never remotely been a fan of any of them. Good days out

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This. I've never seen such a display of denial about a football match. Baring in mind that Amazon (Chelsea TV?) Kept running the 'Penalty' incidents and failed to find evidence of an infringement. perhaps if their classless prick of a manager had been a bit more gracious, they would have been more accepting.
Pulisic was throwing himself to the ground all night so no surprise he went down when he did.

Not a lot of comments from them on Rudiger’s attempt to end Lamptey’s career either :tosser::tosser:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not a lot of comments from them on Rudiger’s attempt to end Lamptey’s career either :tosser::tosser:

My fear for Lamptey is that teams will intimidate and rough him up, resulting in him not finishing many matches. Strong referees and meaningful VAR required.

Ps - anyone else think that Reece James didn’t fancy another half of torture from Lamptey?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports