Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What a Lovely Club Chelsea Are..

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Apart from Palace my most disliked London club fans are racist thugs and some of the players are no better

West Ham take that honour for me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Really? So someone who supports Chelsea is going to fork out north of £500 a year to watch a club they’re not a fan of? I think not. :shrug:

I don’t know any Albion STHs that have Chelsea as their first club, but I have worked with several people that were STHs at two (usually London but we will have a few for sure) clubs……simply to have options close to home for watching live football most weekends.

Some Dullard posted this on Twitter about their losses

[tweet]1476473172170088451[/tweet]

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Only been to Chelsea once and that was a couple of years ago . The fans I met in the pub were fine and ought me a few pints. So not all are nasty idiots. Had same at Liverpool both may have a larger percentage of idiots but is what success brings. We are starting to see similar.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
The funny thing about managers such as Tuchel, Pep, Klopp is that they’re great fun when they’re winning, laughing and joking at press conferences etc, but as soon as they start to lose games, damn the gloves come off and they just look like Whiney children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly this...their level of entitlement is just astonishing! I feel the post match interviewers are moving toward the GP camp because they get intelligent, balanced answers from him 👍

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
I know of at least 10 that I could name off the top of my head. On the basis that I know less than 1% of Albion’s fan base I’ll leave it for you to extrapolate.

I'll do the stats.

timbha: knows 10 people who are Chelsea fans that have Albion as a second team

Everyone else: knows 0 people who are Chelsea fans that have Albion as a second team

Abitrary total number of Albion fans: 30,000 (based on an Amex full house minus some away fans - in reality there are lots more)

Percentage of attendees who are Chelsea fans that have Albion as a second team: 0.033%

From that I extrapolate that for every 3000 Albion fans, 1 is a Chelsea fan that have Albion as a second team.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'll do the stats.

timbha: knows 10 people who are Chelsea fans that have Albion as a second team

Everyone else: knows 0 people who are Chelsea fans that have Albion as a second team

Abitrary total number of Albion fans: 30,000 (based on an Amex full house minus some away fans - in reality there are lots more)

Percentage of attendees who are Chelsea fans that have Albion as a second team: 0.033%

From that I extrapolate that for every 3000 Albion fans, 1 is a Chelsea fan that have Albion as a second team.

I’m glad you aren’t my accountant (or maybe I wish you was).

Point 2 is an assumption without foundation. I’m pretty sure one of my Albion STH friends knows a Chelsea fan with an Albion STH (not sure if it’s the same one though) 😀

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't understand why some on here are so adamant that other team supporters don't have season tickets at the Amex. My Aston Villa supporting neighbour has three other friends and they share two half season tickets (yes, they've paid the fee to share and are all Albion+ members).

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Changed my mind about Tuchel after watching his interview. He said:

- They had enough chances to win it (wrong - we had more chances, and what did they create apart from the goal?)

- They were denied a stonewall penalty (so 'stonewall' the TV pundits didn't even know what he was referring to).

- Moaned endlessly about weakness of squad due to injuries and Covid. Just like every other team then, including us.

No acknowledgement or admittance that his team had been outplayed for most of the game.

Total prick.
Tuchel looks like a man who cant handle pressure and looked a total prat when he was interviewed last night
Hes lost the plot

Jan 30, 2008
I don't understand why some on here are so adamant that other team supporters don't have season tickets at the Amex. My Aston Villa supporting neighbour has three other friends and they share two half season tickets (yes, they've paid the fee to share and are all Albion+ members).

It's because they wear rose-tinted glasses

Regards
DF

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

Now you are pushing the boundaries of credibility!

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I know of ST whose first teams are 2 xLiverpool 1 Manure 1Arsenal a (very long standing Albion follower home and away on many occasions )
as well a group of four who shared a ST
1 being Chelsea another Spurs Not sure if they still have the ST since covid though

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Tuchel looks like a man who cant handle pressure and looked a total prat when he was interviewed last night
Hes lost the plot

Especially considering two key decisions actually went in their favour - to allow the goal and a booking for Rudiger rather than a red. FWIW, I think the officials got both right, but they could easily have gone the other way.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

I know of ST whose first teams are 2 xLiverpool 1 Manure 1Arsenal a (very long standing Albion follower home and away on many occasions )
as well a group of four who shared a ST
1 being Chelsea another Spurs Not sure if they still have the ST since covid though

We have a Newcastle fan in our group of ST holders.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed. When you look at the difference between the Withdean and Amex STH figures surely no one believes that all the difference can be accounted for by lapsed 1970s Goldstone-era fans returning, and/or by 'football virgin' Sussex adults suddenly becoming Albion fans?

People had different allegiances before the Amex was built and to a greater or lesser extent have maintained them. In an unscientific example of people I know who have Amex STHs about a third also support another club. I've mentioned my neighbour before who is an Amex STH and also a staunch Forest fan (sometimes goes to Brighton games in a Forest top). However both his sons are 100% Brighton. (None of them went to Withdean).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Chelsea fans come across as basically being Millwall fans with an entitlement complex.

The club itself is easily one of the most odorous going. At least other big clubs can point to community work or a strong youth system in their favour.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Chelsea fans come across as basically being Millwall fans with an entitlement complex.

The club itself is easily one of the most odorous going. At least other big clubs can point to community work or a strong youth system in their favour.

They have just appointed John Terry as an academy coach. You couldn’t get a more community minded fella or better influencer of young people than John.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Agreed. When you look at the difference between the Withdean and Amex STH figures surely no one believes that all the difference can be accounted for by lapsed 1970s Goldstone-era fans returning, and/or by 'football virgin' Sussex adults suddenly becoming Albion fans?

People had different allegiances before the Amex was built and to a greater or lesser extent have maintained them. In an unscientific example of people I know who have Amex STHs about a third also support another club. I've mentioned my neighbour before who is an Amex STH and also a staunch Forest fan (sometimes goes to Brighton games in a Forest top). However both his sons are 100% Brighton. (None of them went to Withdean).

Since the move to the Amex I, two friends and a son each have had season tickets, never had them at Withdean. Myself and friends were regular at Withdean, but took the boys occasionally due to it often being a shite experience and not wanting to put them off.
Two main reasons we got season tickets at the Amex, we were able to pay by Direct Debit, over the course of the season and the initial capacity being 20,000 lead us to think that getting tickets to the first game in particular, and the popular games against Saints, Palace, West Ham etc might be tough. If the Amex had opened with a 30,000 capacity, we probably would not have bought season tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here