GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
How many West Sussex born football players have ever played for England?

If that doesn't settle which is the better half, this should be settled once and for all on the field in a game of Stoolball, East v West.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Remember at the Goldstone.....West West West Sussex
Or:lolol:
West Sussex la la la West Sussex la la la...

Though born in Brighton (General) I lived in Hove for the major part of my life.

We used to sing "Don't forget the Hove in the Brighton and Hove Albion".

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Although an early Kingdom, it then became part of Wessex under Alfred. So after spending much of my working life driving around East Sussex selling stuff and my Dad looking after Tangmere with a dummy airfield at West Wittering during some of the war. Damn I've forgotten what my point was.
Anyway all of Sussex is good forget East and West. There should be only one!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
West Sussex is LITERALLY complete shit. An utter blight on the landscape that should count itself lucky it even gets to share the Sussex name with the real MONEY SUSSEX, which is obviously EAST EAST EAST

In West Sussex they eat babies and they stink. Plus it borders Surrey - statistically speaking the worst place on Earth.

88% of people born in West Sussex are of a cretinous disposition and should be avoided at all costs.

West Sussex is also home to Crawley, East Grinstead and Burgess Hill - unquestionably awful shitholes with no redeeming features.

If the whole of West Sussex just fell into the sea NOT ONE PERSON would mourn its passing. Frankly I don't see why we can't just bag it and Surrey up in a bin liner and fire them into the sun.

West Sussex makes me LITERALLY SICK. I would sooner live in the urethra of Jimmy Savile's corpse

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
West Sussex is LITERALLY complete shit. An utter blight on the landscape that should count itself lucky it even gets to share the Sussex name with the real MONEY SUSSEX, which is obviously EAST EAST EAST

In West Sussex they eat babies and they stink. Plus it borders Surrey - statistically speaking the worst place on Earth.

88% of people born in West Sussex are of a cretinous disposition and should be avoided at all costs.

West Sussex is also home to Crawley, East Grinstead and Burgess Hill - unquestionably awful shitholes with no redeeming features.

If the whole of West Sussex just fell into the sea NOT ONE PERSON would mourn its passing. Frankly I don't see why we can't just bag it and Surrey up in a bin liner and fire them into the sun.

West Sussex makes me LITERALLY SICK. I would sooner live in the urethra of Jimmy Savile's corpse

You forgot Haywards Heath.

Roadworks, building sites, terrible shops and a soulless town. I live there. :)

Got priced out of north London which is the best part of the capital.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Summer evening in the Beer Garden of the Horse Guards in Tillington looking South towards the Downs....

That will be West Sussex then... :clap:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Hastings Old Town and pier
Bodiam Castle
The town of Battle
The De La Warr Pavillion and Bexhill seafront
Eastbourne Pier, the seafront, and the shopping centre
The town of Lewes.
The Amex
The seven sisters, Beachy Head, Cuckmere Valley and the downs
The town of Rye
A functioning railway company operating out of East Sussex called Southeastern.

I could go on....................
You are clutching at quite a few straws there, and besides people who know they are on to something good generally don't bang on about it, West Sussex is the better half.
Many on here honestly think that East Sussex is the most beautiful and wonderful county in Britain/World/Universe. Well it just isn't and to keep saying it is laughable, it's a nice county with some beautiful parts and that is all.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I live in Bognor and love the place, it's people and also Chichester and Arundel which are close by.
What is interesting is that I've had very few visits to East Sussex apart from watching Bognor beat Lewes fairly regularly. Not many people from this corner of West Sussex would find any reason to go beyond Brighton. Both the rail and road network make it hard work. It's far easier to head towards London or Hampshire which is probably why the town have historically had a lot of fans that follow Pompey or London clubs.
I'm a Bognor, Brighton and Sussex cricket fan but I've always thought anything East of Worthing is over-rated.
It is a tribal thing, just like most of the previous comments. Most people love where they are from and feel very attached to it.

I think Bognor is a great place and I'm also happy with all the Polish that have moved here and make good contributions to the community.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Yes - but which do you prefer? It's no good sitting on the fence.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I'm having visions of you having a rather large map of West Sussex, when you were a child and sticking pins in it very violently :cry:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here