Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Stand Upper

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
what a load of bullshit. You're trying round make out its good but in reality its utter shit. Next weekend then all these upper west goons will realise that they should if taken the north option you mug.

The most biased post ever.

North sung more frequently but made less noise than the WSU which made more noise.
I wouldn't change my seat in the WSU for anything, but fair play to the NS, no need to be an arse about other people's free choice of seat mind...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You sound like a bunch of utter morons. For what its worth I have a st in the West Stand but sat in the North Stand today. The West hardly seemed to sing at all, and it really wasn't very loud when it did from where I was sitting. We really must improve on what happened today.

how about that new song that they sang for about 20 mins in 2nd half? That'll really catch on and I know loads in the WSU wanted to join in but couldn't quite catch the words.

You mean the song that is 'owned' by Palarse...i couldn't work it out but saw lots of Croydoom upset about it on twitter...looked it up on youtube ('we love you'). To be fair, once i knew that i wasn't so sure how i felt about it!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
er let's have a reality check here guys.

We all support the albion. It's banter between the two stands. anyone who calls someone else a mug, is quite frankly an (immature) mug who has watched too many football hooligan films..

I am UWS. Felt the North Stand (Ultras?) had a great atmoshere going in the last 20 mins.Guy behind me said, "they have certainly outsung the west"! He had a point. TBF, I think the pre-match beers were kicking in for a few of the our singers.

Thought I'd go for an independent view from one of our (coach) guys who sits in the east. He confirmed that the North sung a lot but when the west joined in, it was like a wall of sound. Which you would expect, bearing in mind the numbers in each stand.

Both stands did well. Good news, it will get better!

bridge

Mar 16, 2011
There was a palace fan singing on the other platform at lewes today and he was singing their version. Thought he was quite brave singing on his own with a platform full of Albion fans opposite. Either that or just thick!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There was a palace fan singing on the other platform at lewes today and he was singing their version. Thought he was quite brave singing on his own with a platform full of Albion fans opposite. Either that or just thick!!

Definitely 2nd option

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Thought the WSU did okay today, just needed a few little prompts to get going. Glad I've got another STH behind me who ain't afraid to get involved in some noise making. My voice was cracking by the end of the first half, so hopefully for the Donny game more people are gonna be giving it the full works.

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
WSU was piss poor today.. north was far louder... next week we need to be better... really tried to sing my heart out today but hard when you aint the loudest and have no one joining with you... i didn't think this until today but i really think that come Doncaster everyone from Withdean will need to stand up and be counted because it was embarrassing how little noise we created considering this was meant to be us back at home.... I'm not one to start chants myself but found myself trying some today because of how poor WSU was... hopefully it was only a practice run and we'll show what we're really made of next week!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
From listening on the radio and having seen a few clips it certainly seems that the Amex has the potential to be a very loud arena. Couldn't tell who was (or wasn't) singing, but if we all do next week - it could be epic.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
A thread of arguing over noise made at a friendly in a limited capacity game where loads of STH weren't even there.

Realy?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
A thread of arguing over noise made at a friendly in a limited capacity game where loads of STH weren't even there.

Realy?

This. I expect the whole stadium to be absolutely buzzing next week. I expect to be partially deaf and to have a very sore throat by the time I get on the train to Lewes.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I thought it was fairly good in WSU. Certainly our lot on the wing by the North were getting it going. But we're front row! I think many in the North need to realise they lead most songs and the WSU joined in in sections - so they wouldn't have heard a lot. I think everyone can do a bit better but considering it was a friendly and prob only half ST holders were there I thought it was good.

Hang on, were you sitting next to me??

I was about to post a very similar comment as I was also front row, block I, so very close to the noisy northstanders.

I don't know what it was like at the other end of the WSU but I thought our end gave a decent enough account of itself, considering the nature of the game. There were some moments where the back and forth between north stand and WSU was seriously working a treat but as has been said already there were plenty of fans just there for the day out who perhaps aren't entirely indicative of the regular STHs.

All in all I'd say it looks promising and it certainly wasn't quiet and boring.

As regards the heat, it was certainly warm although we were right at the front and I'd imagine it got hotter the further back you went. Still, not likely to be a problem too often

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
what a load of bullshit. You're trying round make out its good but in reality its utter shit. Next weekend then all these upper west goons will realise that they should if taken the north option you mug.

LOL. Location.....Manchester.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I loved it in the WSU, and was pleasantly surprised at the singing levels. Where I'm sitting there definitely appear to be a few singers, so I am looking forward to the proper football starting. I thought the North Stand was superb, and I loved the new anthem it was even getting picked up tentatively by the WSU towards the end.

I think we can all agree the atmosphere is going to be so much more impressive in our new home, and Palace will not know what has hit them when they finally get to see what a proper ground looks like.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
I was in the WSU near the half way line and made numerous attempts to get some singing going but had a fair few Spurs supporters nearby, having said that, given time, I think it will all come together for the normal chants of Seagulls etc, but the north stand always have, and always will, sing the longer more lyrical Albion songs.
Personally I thought the singing yesterday for the first game and only being a friendly was okay, I wouldn't swap the view I had of the game for any other view tbh.
On another note I do hope the Albion continue with the brass band before each game and at half time, that brought back reall memories of the Goldstone to me

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Was in WSU block A and when the west sung the sound was amazing. OK they didn't sing much or for very long but the potential wall of sound will be something. Yes it was only a friendly and not all sth were present but my son was stunned with the sound we did create. North stand was good too and improved as the game went on. Spurs fans only made a noise when they scored and then only for goals 2 and 3, not sure they realised the first one went in.

Last edited:

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
I think also that when we get away fans actually singing at one end, north stand at the other, it should encourage the west stand to be more vocal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here