Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Stand Upper

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Brilliant atmosphere, had to tell the steward to get out the way several times as they don't stand in the tunnel, NMH was on next entrance barking mad orders but.......

Bloody hell was it seriously hot up there, I am assuming as the sun beats down it just cooks up hot like a conservatory.

Lovely to watch the seagulls feet on the roof as well !

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
really looking forward to taking my seat up there next week...what was the atmosphere like under the roof?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I was in Row O and as Beach Hut says, it was cooking up a storm up there! Good atmosphere when everyone joined in but a lot of "newbies" who didn't know the words to songs or who were Spurs fans.
It's going to absolutely ROCK though.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I was in Row O and as Beach Hut says, it was cooking up a storm up there! Good atmosphere when everyone joined in but a lot of "newbies" who didn't know the words to songs or who were Spurs fans.
It's going to absolutely ROCK though.

Ditto, row O (block c) and there were plenty of non sth who were there just for the event knowing it will be a while until they can venture up top again. The first roar made my boy nearly shit himself. I reckon the difference between today and donny will be similar to comparing sscf and today, it's going to be something special (should west and north unite with "east stand, east stand give us a song"......:shrug:)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Yeah !

Is it hallowed ground over in the East in that nobody is authorised to say anything or sing or shout ?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
What? Atmosphere was dead in the west upper. I'm sure it'll kick off when we play a meaningful game.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I was in WSU and i thought it was OK, could be a lot noisier and you got a taste of that when the goals were scored.

Thought North did really well, took a while to get it together then they had the left/right side and how about that new song that they sang for about 20 mins in 2nd half? That'll really catch on and I know loads in the WSU wanted to join in but couldn't quite catch the words.

Next week i'll be in the East where I'll get a better perspective on WSU. I think the east will contribute from the family stand. Have to admit, some fans are still in awe of their surroundings!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought it was fairly good in WSU. Certainly our lot on the wing by the North were getting it going. But we're front row! I think many in the North need to realise they lead most songs and the WSU joined in in sections - so they wouldn't have heard a lot. I think everyone can do a bit better but considering it was a friendly and prob only half ST holders were there I thought it was good.

MillitantSeagull

Jul 10, 2010
Brighton
I was in row T in the WSU (closer to the north stand) and i thought it was pretty good, although i think a lot of people like myself got a bit of a sore throat from the lack of singing week in, week out so may improve in the coming weeks. We're The Stand! We're The West Stand! We're The West Stand Brighton Boys!

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Brilliant atmosphere, had to tell the steward to get out the way several times as they don't stand in the tunnel, NMH was on next entrance barking mad orders but.......

Bloody hell was it seriously hot up there, I am assuming as the sun beats down it just cooks up hot like a conservatory.

Lovely to watch the seagulls feet on the roof as well !

what a load of bullshit. You're trying round make out its good but in reality its utter shit. Next weekend then all these upper west goons will realise that they should if taken the north option you mug.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
what a load of bullshit. You're trying round make out its good but in reality its utter shit. Next weekend then all these upper west goons will realise that they should if taken the north option you mug.

Jesus you really are a CAUC

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
I thought all the singing was coming from the North Stand, although sitting in the Lower West Stand it was easy to forget that there was another two tiers above.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here