Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Stand Signing (W1) Lower

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
No one sitting in this part of the stadium sings! I am alone most of the time when I stand up to sing or chant and end up feeling like a burk cos everyone around me is still sitting and all quiet!

I don't know if it's because we are so far from the North Stand or what but we need to get some vocals going as we are closest to the South Stand who drown us out most of the time.

Just a request, please join in, I do, I will continue to do so, but want some support from those fans immediately around me too!!

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
I'm in the next bit along to you. Like a library sometimes but me and my son sing our hearts out every match. Some are beginning to join in

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
in W1I against Leeds it was rocking, but that area is mostly general sale so people there are probably more inclined to give it some!

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
Hmmm, I'm in W1A and the atmosphere was pretty good for Liverpool/Leeds. Agree not constant like the North Stand but still noisy enough and we drowned out the bin dippers and Scargill worshippers on a number of occasions.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
No one sitting in this part of the stadium sings! I am alone most of the time when I stand up to sing or chant and end up feeling like a burk cos everyone around me is still sitting and all quiet!

I don't know if it's because we are so far from the North Stand or what but we need to get some vocals going as we are closest to the South Stand who drown us out most of the time.

Just a request, please join in, I do, I will continue to do so, but want some support from those fans immediately around me too!!

Im with you buddy.

Me and 2x mates are in W1C and we scream at fans every single game to get behind the team as people just sit there like corpses, no noise at all at 1-0 and 2-0 down against leeds, as soon as we score people come alive.

I just dont get it at all, but we've said we wont give up and if were the only two loser's singing then we wont stop getting behind the team, vocally supporting them and trying to be the 12th man.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Well I am in W1A and just didn't think there were enough joining in, lets hope it is different tonight, I'll be singing, it's all about giving support to the players!

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
in W1I against Leeds it was rocking, but that area is mostly general sale so people there are probably more inclined to give it some!

Maybe the north end of WSL is more noisey then, I think getting the crossfire between WSU and the NS has helped.

I hope there's a good atmosphere in that block tonight. I need people around me to get involved to start singing unless I've drank a few. :)

Chanty

Sep 1, 2011
I'm in W1B and sing my heart out - I think the singing it has gotten better each week, but think tonight could be the best yet!!!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm also in W1B and the atmosphere has been brilliant for every game - Leeds especially. Most in my area seem quite vocal - plenty of banter with the South Stand. I'm sure tonight will be even more of the same.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
West Lower B Block:
Against Liverpool I was told to 'SIT DOWN' by a group of oldies everytime I jumped up to sing. It was infuriating! Luckily they were not present at the Leeds game. And if anyone utters those words to me today they will be ignored!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We are WSL B block too and nioise has been great for the last two games. Some old git moans constantly behind us though if you stand up at any point during the game.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
W1B has been having it every single match so far. It's actually getting louder, as there are loads of kids around us who are just now picking up on the songs - and Leeds was the loudest yet. Some very minor grumbling from the crusties, but that's to be expected - on the whole it ROCKS.

Big up the W1B massive

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
I've been witness to two almost-punch ups in W1A when people in W1B stood up and the oldies nehind then shout sit down, it is a problem but if people in front are standing then you just have to stand too!! Were on the same side FFS!

A REAL problem is people queing to leave via the exits from 10 minutes before full time where they stand on the steps between the two blocks to watch the last of the game, that is proper annoying!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In all honesty, did you not think it through when you bought your season tickets? It was inevitable that the WSL, being the highest priced, would be the natural home for the old Withdean north standers, and going back further still, the Goldstone west standers.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
I've been witness to two almost-punch ups in W1A when people in W1B stood up and the oldies nehind then shout sit down, it is a problem but if people in front are standing then you just have to stand too!! Were on the same side FFS!

A REAL problem is people queing to leave via the exits from 10 minutes before full time where they stand on the steps between the two blocks to watch the last of the game, that is proper annoying!

Yeah, one agaist Liverpool and one against Leeds. Thought the one at Leeds game was going to get real nasty as the old bloke moaning picked on a massive "builder" type chap who did not take kindly to being shouted at!

no sitting down tonight. STAND UP IF YOU HATE PALACE!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here