Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
The way we utterly bossed West Ham all match (that 20 min second-half spell aside) as well as our gameplay throughout the last three seasons has been joyful to watch, it's like our 2015-17 promotion winning football but even better!

Long may it continue.

I don't think at any time during the game that I felt 'ammers were going to score. It was as if I felt how many will will win by?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Looking forward to Moyes interview, he looks like he is chewing on a wasp when they win so god knows what he will come out with as they settle down at rock bottom of the League...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Looking forward to Moyes interview, he looks like he is chewing on a wasp when they win so god knows what he will come out with as they settle down at rock bottom of the League...

Still a really strong squad, they’ve not sold the likes of Rice or Bowen - flip side of that is they look a little bit comfortable on fat contracts and feeling that they’re perhaps a bit bigger than the club. £100m - I just don’t see it with Rice, he seems hugely overrated to me. He’s just a good solid defensive midfielder.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not really moaning, just discussing what improvements we can make if we are to continue this excellent start to the season.

If you don't want to read people's opinions then why read a football forum? Couldn't make it up?!

I think that opinion is rather bizarre to put it mildly, given March has played well in all of our games so far this season and our esteemed manager keeps on playing him. Just reactionary nonsense after missing a chance that I can scarcely believe given all the positives that can be taken from today?!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not really moaning, just discussing what improvements we can make if we are to continue this excellent start to the season.

If you don't want to read people's opinions then why read a football forum? Couldn't make it up?!

If you don’t like your opinion being challenged, the same applies.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
For the last 3 seasons my Man U supporting step Dad has bet me £20 we get relegated. He's added on things like players leaving throughout the season & I've accepted the bets. I was tempted last season to add on my own bet that we'd finish above 12th. I've won £100 so far, I very nearly didn't do the bet this year as I felt it may be unfair, but not taking it may jinx us. He's now admitted we're good & is listening to us on the wireless. We're progressing nicely and I'm loving it! :albion2:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Beautiful game from us, not really much to nag about.... I'm sure we'll find something.... Oh wait, Solly missing a header that should go in 90 times out of 100

Maybe 9/10…. But never 90/100

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You're a very loyal person.

I remember you always defending Solly when people had the knives out.

And look who was proved correct :bowdown:

When I bought my PL shirt in 2017, I had March put on the back as he scored the winner against Wigan. He’s a Sussex lad born and bred.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
If you don’t like your opinion being challenged, the same applies.

I don't mind my opinion being challenged, but there wasn't any debate, just that anyone saying anything negative when we win beggers belief. Do we really think there isn't criticism in house of individuals or individual performances when we win? Not likely, every mistake will be picked over in a constant search for improvement. Solly March needs to improve his finishing, that's my opinion. If you want to challenge that feel free

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I think that opinion is rather bizarre to put it mildly, given March has played well in all of our games so far this season and our esteemed manager keeps on playing him. Just reactionary nonsense after missing a chance that I can scarcely believe given all the positives that can be taken from today?!

Thought March was the worst player on the pitch personally, something backed up by ratings on BBC website where he polled lowest of all of those who started. You may find it bizarre but I don't think he has been good enough for years. Can't beat a player one on one, can't cross the ball, can't finish. That is my opinion however bizarre you find it. GP would likely disagree too and that's fine, opinion is one of the things makes football so enjoyable to watch.

On a positive note, thought the performance was solid as **** from a team perspective and I made plenty of other positive posts including praising Sanchez, someone who hasn't had the most confident pre season. Delighted with the win and let's hope we can ruin Leeds day next week.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thought March was the worst player on the pitch personally, something backed up by ratings on BBC website where he polled lowest of all of those who started. You may find it bizarre but I don't think he has been good enough for years. Can't beat a player one on one, can't cross the ball, can't finish. That is my opinion however bizarre you find it. GP would likely disagree too and that's fine, opinion is one of the things makes football so enjoyable to watch.

On a positive note, thought the performance was solid as **** from a team perspective and I made plenty of other positive posts including praising Sanchez, someone who hasn't had the most confident pre season. Delighted with the win and let's hope we can ruin Leeds day next week.

On the pitch? March got 7.97.
The highest West Ham rating was Benrahma at 4.29

He wasn’t even the lowest Brighton player.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Being wrong is no bad thing, best to enjoy it. Plenty wanted Potter out only 10 months ago.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We were very good today, defence tight, Sanchez simply brilliant in catching and saves and midfield and attack awesome

What's not to like ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just got in. Very un-Brightonlike, slightly weird experience that. Never for once thought West Ham were going to really make a game of it. No nervous last few minutes, no real scares just a kind of routine run of the mill win without ever hitting top gear ourselves.

Gobby group of WHU fans across the divide giving it the biggun early on quickly went quiet, and then left early :lol::lol:

Absolutely bloody brilliant.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

March got 7.97 which is actually very high for BBC player ratings. Our starting 11 were separated by less than half a single point, so your point isn’t really backed up at all IMO. The ratings reflect a very good team performance where everyone was rated broadly similar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here