Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

I agree re best football etc. Would just prefer to see Lamptey in that position personally. I just find Solly so frustrating as he does that hard work so well but just rarely has that end product. Each to their own however. Great win all round and an amazing start to the season

You are right when you say that forum’s are a place for opinions. And yours is totally wrong on this. March is a long, long way ahead of Lamptey currently.

March is consistently excellent and a crucial part of our team. Lamptey has shown absolutely nothing since his return from injury that he deserves to start ahead of him. In fact, Lamptey looks like he needs to re-learn the position and adjust the way he plays post injury. He’s young still though and under Potter, I’m sure he will in time.

But at the moment, March is a vastly superior option.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Still a really strong squad, they’ve not sold the likes of Rice or Bowen - flip side of that is they look a little bit comfortable on fat contracts and feeling that they’re perhaps a bit bigger than the club. £100m - I just don’t see it with Rice, he seems hugely overrated to me. He’s just a good solid defensive midfielder.

He’s no Caicedo

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thought March was the worst player on the pitch personally, something backed up by ratings on BBC website where he polled lowest of all of those who started. You may find it bizarre but I don't think he has been good enough for years. Can't beat a player one on one, can't cross the ball, can't finish. That is my opinion however bizarre you find it. GP would likely disagree too and that's fine, opinion is one of the things makes football so enjoyable to watch.

On a positive note, thought the performance was solid as **** from a team perspective and I made plenty of other positive posts including praising Sanchez, someone who hasn't had the most confident pre season. Delighted with the win and let's hope we can ruin Leeds day next week.
That cack BBC rating game, for 10 year olds and devised by 10 year olds that you have to bloody scroll trough every time you want to check the match stats, or the line ups, or whatever? You know, the relatively important things on the BBC match day website?
I'd pay a bit more attention to this - https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?396037-Players-ratings-West-Ham-v-Albion-21-08-22 - at least some of the people contributing to that will have a knowledgable view, not some ten year olds fannying around on an 'ooh lovely, we can press buttons' type computer game. Wish the BBC would drop it!

Besides, even on that cack rating, he's less than 0.5 behind the man of the match!

Last edited:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Thought March was the worst player on the pitch personally, something backed up by ratings on BBC website where he polled lowest of all of those who started. You may find it bizarre but I don't think he has been good enough for years. Can't beat a player one on one, can't cross the ball, can't finish. That is my opinion however bizarre you find it. GP would likely disagree too and that's fine, opinion is one of the things makes football so enjoyable to watch.

On a positive note, thought the performance was solid as **** from a team perspective and I made plenty of other positive posts including praising Sanchez, someone who hasn't had the most confident pre season. Delighted with the win and let's hope we can ruin Leeds day next week.
Can't beat a player one on one? I think he can beat a player quite easy, but I agree about final ball sometimes.

He as been one of the most consistent players of the amex era and a few managers have agreed..

I don't get the criticism of him.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m annoyed at Moyes. About time West Ham started testing us. Yet season after season ever since we got promoted this fixture has become increasingly predictable. So predictable that rumour is it was cited as an example of why they’ve got rid of the 5pm Saturday Sports Report because everyone knows the result before it’s announced.

Come on West Ham. Do better.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I was enjoying a lovely ice cream outside the London Stadium when I overheard a West Ham fan moaning she had spent £210 on THREE tickets only to watch her team get out played by Brighton and the best bit AGAIN.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Naughty words but a marvelous multiple choice question

[tweet]1561759786298908674[/tweet]

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
You are right when you say that forum’s are a place for opinions. And yours is totally wrong on this. March is a long, long way ahead of Lamptey currently.

March is consistently excellent and a crucial part of our team. Lamptey has shown absolutely nothing since his return from injury that he deserves to start ahead of him. In fact, Lamptey looks like he needs to re-learn the position and adjust the way he plays post injury. He’s young still though and under Potter, I’m sure he will in time.

But at the moment, March is a vastly superior option.

Agree Lamptey hasn't been great since his injury but mu opinion is still that he offer more than March. March offers nothing going forward and is average in defence. Lamptey as you say has youth on his side whereas March has been one of those players that we have all been hoping to have that breakthrough season but it never happens. Sorry but that's my opinion. You may think it's wrong but it doesn't make it so

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Can't beat a player one on one? I think he can beat a player quite easy, but I agree about final ball sometimes.

He as been one of the most consistent players of the amex era and a few managers have agreed..

I don't get the criticism of him.

So even if he can beat a player, which I would disagree with strongly as all he ever does is pass backwards, you admit he can't put in a decent cross which makes beating the player pointless. At 28 years old we just need to accept he will never be the player we want him to be. Whatever criticism I have made of March, I would like him as a local lad to succeed but I also have the ability to take off the blue and white specs and accept he is average.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
So even if he can beat a player, which I would disagree with strongly as all he ever does is pass backwards, you admit he can't put in a decent cross which makes beating the player pointless. At 28 years old we just need to accept he will never be the player we want him to be. Whatever criticism I have made of March, I would like him as a local lad to succeed but I also have the ability to take off the blue and white specs and accept he is average.

A player who was involved in 33 out of 38 games last season for a team that finished 9th in the Premier League is said to be average…

He is a key component of the way Potter wants to play, and has a specific role within the team. Potter has shown he isn’t afraid to drop anyone who isn’t performing - Solly is performing week in week out to a standard required by a top 10 PL team.

This is similar to Barnes - he didn’t have the flair, pace of other players in the team, but he did a specific job which he was very good at, criminally underrated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here