Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Graham Potter

"The result is what we are here for. To see out some tough periods when we had to, create two goals and keep a clean sheet is pleasing."

"We started off not great and with their transition, they have big spaces and were difficult to cope with."

"I thought we scored at a good time but we weren’t perfect in the first half, it's not easy out there, it was hot and the pitch was slow, so to move the ball wasn’t too easy but the boys did what we asked an deserved the three points. There is always a different role you have to play away from home but the results have been better away so far."

"I like the first goal because it was a good counter-attack by us, they had the ball and gave it away and we were able to attack the space. I don’t mind how the goals come."

"We are just focused on the next game, you can see how difficult it is with results this weekend. We are humble and we know how difficult the Premier League is. The focus is on the next game, and we will try and win that."

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Warren seems to be using Pervis rather than his surname. Did just call Mitoma Mititoma... and my missus was listening to the commentary as well and said "He's not still calling him Tossard is he?!"

Suspect we could be second on MOTD2 - The Mighty Leeds will of course be in pole position.

I can confirm that Warren is guilty as charged on all three counts! At one stage he said 'Tossard', but then apologised, and corrected himself. Legend.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Graham Potter

"The result is what we are here for. To see out some tough periods when he had to, create two goals and keep a clean sheet is pleasing."

"We started off not great and with their transition, they have big spaces and were difficult to cope with."

"I thought we scored at a good time but we weren’t perfect in the first half, it's not easy out there, it was hot and the pitch was slow, so to move the ball wasn’t too easy but the boys did what we asked an deserved the three points. There is always a different role you have to play away from home but the results have been better away so far."

"I like the first goal because it was a good counter-attack by us, they had the ball and gave it away and we were able to attack the space. I don’t mind how the goals come."

"We are just focused on the next game, you can see how difficult it is with results this weekend. We are humble and we know how difficult the Premier League is. The focus is on the next game, and we will try and win that."

Good stuff from Warren on the radio. He called the condition of the pitch being a massive issue for us. Looking back at the game, that was West Ham’s most effective tactic. Didn’t work though! [emoji6]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I still remember Moyes Preston playing us off the park at Withdean, who’d have thunk we’d become his bogey team?

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
I love Gross! Just such an important player for us. His stats from today:

300419585_8566776303339893_4038588293106473208_n.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The most amazing thing was how comfortable it was, other than that little flurry when Bob made his couple of saves and the opening few minutes we were in control

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
The way we utterly bossed West Ham all match (that 20 min second-half spell aside) as well as our gameplay throughout the last three seasons has been joyful to watch, it's like our 2015-17 promotion winning football but even better!

Long may it continue.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
We’ve put in a wonderful away performance and some posters are moaning about Solly March, who had a good game despite missing a gilt edge chance, couldn’t make it up!

Not really moaning, just discussing what improvements we can make if we are to continue this excellent start to the season.

If you don't want to read people's opinions then why read a football forum? Couldn't make it up?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here