Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Valerien Ismael: "Until the red card we were completely in control. The red card was the game-changer."

Possession: 30% - 70%
Shots: 4 - 21
On Target: 1 - 8
Corners: 5 - 10

Right-o Valery :rolleyes:

If Ben Roberts wasn't such a good goalkeeping coach we'd have probably been miles ahead by the time the red card happened.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Offiah did well 1st half was full of energy, faded 2nd half and big guns bought on. Ferguson was unlucky with his chance but earned plenty of singing from us.....

I thought Offiah was very poor. I was surprised he wasn’t hooked at half time to be honest. Looked very out of his depth.

Ferguson on the other hand looked totally at home. Good assist, looked threatening throughout. Unlucky with his offside goal.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Offiah needs another year of developing, very naive plus his control was poor.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Offiah needs another year of developing, very naive plus his control was poor.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Good experience for the lad tho. Now can see the gulf between the U23s and see where he needs to get to.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Valerien Ismael: "Until the red card we were completely in control. The red card was the game-changer."

Possession: 30% - 70%
Shots: 4 - 21
On Target: 1 - 8
Corners: 5 - 10

Right-o Valery :rolleyes:

Any idea what the stats were up until the sending off?

Still hard to believe he genuinely believes they were in control with only one shot on target the whole game. Lot of crap spouted to the waiting cameras.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Still hard to believe he genuinely believes they were in control with only one shot on target the whole game. Lot of crap spouted to the waiting cameras.

This really depends on your definition of ‘in control’.

If the tactics he drilled into the team were to use a low block defence, concede possession but defend as a team in deep positions and hopefully hit us on the break and nick a goal, they were in control because the game was going according to their plan.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Nope.

But I could see with my own eyes we had our boot on their throat for the vast majority of the game, up to and beyond the sending off. Utterly delusional to claim they were "in complete control".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here