Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I switched the radio off with 20 minutes to go as I needed a lie down because of a painful back.

I ended up dozing off. When I woke up I decided not to look at the score telling myself that until I looked Albion are still in the cup.

So now I'm really happy.

The FA Cup is special to me, as it probably is to most over a certain age.

Just to address some who think the Premier League (as in Division One) is worth money and the Cup not important. You are not shareholders in the Albion. You speak like somehow you are. You are football fans. And remember how football is meant to be for the fans.
Understand completely but, realistically,we are as likely to win the F.A. Cup as we are to finish top 4.
I would like us to go as far as possible in the cup and really want a top half league position :lolol:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Did anyone notice how many Albion players were using that sliced pass, where they cut under the ball so it doesn't curve. I noticed a few times for long crossfield balls.

I think Mwepu was the first to do that regularly this season. It's a very effective ball.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Understand completely but, realistically,we are as likely to win the F.A. Cup as we are to finish top 4.
I would like us to go as far as possible in the cup and really want a top half league position :lolol:

As it stands that's on.

Jimmy Grimble

Missed the game I'm afraid. Did Offiah struggle? Notice he was brought off on 55 mins.

It looked like he was brought off as a precaution with an injury.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
How was Ferguson when he came on? Only saw bits.

Pretty decent. Big lad who looks like he’s hungry for goals.
He doesn’t look weighed down by the pressure like some players do.
We definitely had more about us with a big presence up front.
Even if the answer isn’t Ferguson right now, that was telling.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I think we had about 1,400/500 up there. Should be in Friday’s programme.

Jimmy Grimble

I don’t think Alzate had a great game in the ‘Lallana’ role.

Though that might just be me being harsh by comparing him directly to Lallana. I guess he also didn’t have Bissouma next to him but I still would have liked to have seen more from him in terms of splitting the lines, dictating the tempo and driving forward with the ball from deep.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don’t think Alzate had a great game in the ‘Lallana’ role.

Though that might just be me being harsh by comparing him directly to Lallana. I guess he also didn’t have Bissouma next to him but I still would have liked to have seen more from him in terms of splitting the lines, dictating the tempo and driving forward with the ball from deep.

Hasn’t had much time on the pitch all season….patience required I think…although these days you don’t get much time to prove yourself

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A quote superb result. West Bromwich have been nigh on invincible at home this season, so to come from behind and win is a great result. The Hawthorns has been something of a fortress this season, so to go there an silence their home support is something very special.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Wonderful on MOTD to see the Murdering Twats Management team watching them getting stuffed.. Hope they get used to it.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Sadly I reckon Enoch has just discovered a case of English January Hammy Syndrome, he looked amazed that his well oiled muscular limbs has suddenly stopped behaving like giant elastic bands and decided to do a one man sit down protest until they re-elasticated themselves, hopefully the medical team will patch him up in time for Friday but it's not looking good.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Valerien Ismael: "Until the red card we were completely in control. The red card was the game-changer."

Possession: 30% - 70%
Shots: 4 - 21
On Target: 1 - 8
Corners: 5 - 10

Right-o Valery :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here