Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Were you one of the pathetic fans that left early.If so shame on you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Stayed till the end, it just feels wrong to walk out on that team after everything they've given us.

I was out as soon as the whistle went mind.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Gus didn't seem to be too upset by it. I think he understood how people were feeling. It hurt to listen to the joyous Palace fans at the end.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Our support was f***ing shit tonight. Even when we went 1-0 up we were quiet. And why can we only sing that f***ing boring albioonn chant, we sang it about 20 times. f***ing grim evening

Oct 25, 2003
left after murray's goal........absolutely disgusted with most of our team, and couldn't bear the thought of watching the palace fans celebrate at the end...plus wasn't overly keen about the thought of sharing a train with palace

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
If you can stay till the end when we win you can stay till the end when we lose, even after that pitiful effort by the team.

The score hurt but the empty seats with Palarse going mad full to the brim at the other end hurt more.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Ian Hart on radio after match said he was most shocked by our own fans who walked out early.
My pride would not let me get up from my seat until final whistle.

My money, my choice old bean.

Got up to leave when Murray scored as I really had had enough of the crap defending and the gloating Palarse fans.

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
We looked like we'd settle for 1-0, and although we had a fair bit of the possession we didn't created anything or look dangerous like we normally do. Unfair to blame the fans when the players looked on edge.

As for leaving early, people have different commitments and midweek evening games mean different priorities. People should think about that before coming on here and calling their fellow supporters 'plastic.'

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
A big part of it is the travel situation especially for evening games

This is why. I spent an hour in a bus queue after the Liverpool and Leeds games. I left at 2-1 tonight because the game was effectively over at that point and I wasn't prepared to waste another hour of my life on top of the 45 minutes I'd already wasted. The sight of the palace fans going mental at the final whistle and outside the ground was something that I felt I could live without. If I want to leave early it's up to me. Ian Hart and all the other "I'm a better fan than you" zealots haven't earned the right to criticise me or anyone else.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
stayed to the end in my east stand seat nt that far from the opposition supporters...o that hurt listening to that lot...but on balance i am afraid they deserved it...they seemed stronger in the tackle than us,,and when they ran at us our defence looked awful (including the much talked about dunk)...i was surprised to c so many people leave at 2/1 (with a couple of mins of normal time plus 4 added)..certainly a heck of a lot more thn on friday at about the same time...but then maybe thts to do with work commitments etc...anyway they pays there money they makes there choice its not for me to tell them what to do....how gus picks them up aftr that display God only knows...Ipswich seem to be running into form and it doesn't get any easier....welcome to championship football reality Brighton....but for now..boy it hurts losing to that lot

Falmerite

Jul 26, 2004
Burgess Hill
You don't just get get 15,000 new fans from nowhere, they are just plastics and it should be expected, most of them never went to Withdean. The real fans will be at Ipswich on Saturday

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I've supported Brighton since 1977 and have been to many hundreds of games, more often than not i'm one of the last to leave.
Tonight i decided to leave just before Murray got the 3rd, my choice, no-one elses, just a case of wanting to make sure i caught the Seaford train..It doesn't make me a plastic fan, i'll be there at the next game giving my utmost support as always.
For what it's worth we got exactly what we deserved tonight.....f*** ALL.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
You don't just get get 15,000 new fans from nowhere, they are just plastics and it should be expected, most of them never went to Falmer. The real fans will be at Ipswich on Saturday
Do you mean withdean, Gillingham, Goldstone? Or did you never go either! In fact are you an Ipswich fan?:wink:

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
If I want to leave early I will
Same as if I leave a gig early - I do it so that I can get home at a "reasonable" time before getting up at 5.20 in the morning
Frankly speaking what I do should not concern other people

Good, keep walking don't come back!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here