Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're going to be a division below Orient next season

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I think I realised we were UTTER TURD when we could not even beat or score a single goals against a team in which we had 2 more players for over an hour. The writing was on the wall then and that was back in October.

Yes, because as soon as you lose you're immediately down, and when you are in the relegation zone you can never get out of it because you have worse form then everyone else...

I respect you more then to think you believe that, so please, tell me you have more sense then that!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
But isn't the point of being a supporter is that you think you can beat anyone (whics, on our day, we can) and that you always think, overall, your club is best...? Yes, there is a rollercoaster when, inevitably, you will be down, but ultimately you always believe you can get out of it...

We've got to believe we can do it.

No - we can hope - belief is just too strong a word based on evidence.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes, because as soon as you lose you're immediately down, and when you are in the relegation zone you can never get out of it because you have worse form then everyone else...

I respect you more then to think you believe that, so please, tell me you have more sense then that!

For heavens sake Man. No doubt you will heartily appluad them for their efforts if they have to cheek or audacity to do a lap around Withdean after the Stockport game. I will abuse them and give them the :tosser: sign that the very least they deserve and I hope I enver see 80% of the squad again.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
For heavens sake Man. No doubt you will heartily appluad them for their efforts if they have to cheek or audacity to do a lap around Withdean after the Stockport game. I will abuse them and give them the :tosser: sign that the very least they deserve and I hope I enver see 80% of the squad again.

Mmm, for your own sanity you should probably avoid the Stockport game.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Your probably right. I may do something I will regret.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
BHAFC would be getting 4000 and Crawley could get roughly the same. Its only our arrogance that we would deny it.

There is no way that over a whole season in League 2 Crawley would get average crowds of 4000. They're on the same level fanbase wise as Barnet. People won't just suddenly say I must go and watch Crawley now they're playing Accrington Stanley.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I hope Dick knight does a lap of honour after the last home match and waves to all the fans.
Then we can all cheer him - because without him we would not have a team to support.

laugh ?

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
The league tables could suggest otherwise.

The league tables and remaining fixtures suggest that Crawley will not be promoted. Crawley 5 points off play-offs. Kidderminsters game in hand against relegation threatened Woking. Crawley still to paly 3 of the top 4 including runaway leaders Burton Albion. They won't be near the play-offs.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It only seems like yesterday when I was standing on that terrace behind the goal at Orient, Zamora was scoring, we were winning and about to go up, and this chorus broke out of 'We'll never play you again'.

Come on, own up - who was it.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It only seems like yesterday when I was standing on that terrace behind the goal at Orient, Zamora was scoring, we were winning and about to go up, and this chorus broke out of 'We'll never play you again'.

Not me. And neither was it Barntit or GAYvid Afters with whom I stood that afternoon. No way. :dunce:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

Hands up - I admit to it :blush:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
In terms of potential ability and actual results this squad is by far the worst perfomers in the 37 years I have been watching.

You are a classic example of what is wrong with the world these days. We are having a bad season but, of course, you have to over sensationalise things so it can't be a bad season, it has to be the worst ever. Obviously, you are ignoring long term injuries to our two main strikers and our number one goalkeeper as well as a number of other players. I know you will say it is an excuse but we have had a lot of bad luck with injuries this season.

As for giving up, why are people who have not given up on this season delusional (or whatever else has been said). I think we will probably go down but while we still have a chance I will hang on to that. I have already accepted that we will probably be going to Accrington, Morecambe etc next season but will keep going to games and cheering the team on as they hopefully start a good run and climb the table.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
You are a classic example of what is wrong with the world these days. We are having a bad season but, of course, you have to over sensationalise things so it can't be a bad season, it has to be the worst ever. Obviously, you are ignoring long term injuries to our two main strikers and our number one goalkeeper as well as a number of other players. I know you will say it is an excuse but we have had a lot of bad luck with injuries this season.

As for giving up, why are people who have not given up on this season delusional (or whatever else has been said). I think we will probably go down but while we still have a chance I will hang on to that. I have already accepted that we will probably be going to Accrington, Morecambe etc next season but will keep going to games and cheering the team on as they hopefully start a good run and climb the table.

Marvellous :clap:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Remember the great escape of 1981? We were dire for most of that season but suddenly turned into world-beaters during the run-in.

That season, we had players like Lawrenson, Gregory, Stevens and Foster but played well below our capability. When all seemed lost, the team got their act together.

Let's hope for a repeat performance from the class of 2009.

We were last relegated to the fourth tier in 1996. The present team is one hundred times better than the 1996 side, but seems to be going the same way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here