Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're going to be a division below Orient next season

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sensationalistic crap - I thought I was being down-beat, but I'm sorry US that's absolulte horseshit.

The league tables could suggest otherwise.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
But the crux is these were isolated results amongst a set of crap performances and results. The ONLY way out is a run of victories - we need at least 5 wins from 9 games - and we have come nowhere near that form this season.

You can't blame people for not having much hope when the team doesn't seem to believe.

But does a similar principle apply, some 'fans' and I do use inverted commas for a reason, have been saying we're down since January... gotta suck some belief out of our relatively young and new squad.

Yes, I can understand that its an incredibly hard position, and I don't think the team are playing to their full potential whatsoever, yes, tehy are isolated results, but all we need is some isolated results with a couple of slogged out battling performances.

What the point in being a supporter if you don't believe till the end of the season and keep cheering and keep trying to help a miracle happen. WHo really wants eveyrone to turn up on saturday and evyerone be downcast and saying ' its futile anyway, we're down' how would that make a good match... We've got so little out of the season, at least try to get the last morsuletts.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
BHAFC would be getting 4000 and Crawley could get roughly the same. Its only our arrogance that we would deny it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What the point in being a supporter if you don't believe till the end of the season and keep cheering and keep trying to help a miracle happen. WHo really wants eveyrone to turn up on saturday and evyerone be downcast and saying ' its futile anyway, we're down' how would that make a good match... We've got so little out of the season, at least try to get the last morsuletts.

The supporters are not on the pitch though are they. The players have given up and/or don't care. This squad has been the worst and most hated squad of players for me sinbce I supported the club since 1972. I really have contempt for them.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

The supporters are not on the pitch though are they. The players have given up and/or don't care. This squad has been the worst and most hated squad of players for me sinbce I supported the club since 1972. I really have contempt for them.

Steady on - they might not have been the most hated, but surely the squads of 1996-98 are MUCH worse than this one.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just because they MIGHT be in the same division (which is unlikely because they won't go up) - doesn't make them as big a club us, nowhere near.

BHAFC are NOT a big club anymore. They had potential to be a few years back but the fan base is dwindling with loyal supporters finding better things to do and very few new young fans wanting to watch the passionless and inempt performances from this disgraceful shower especially at home.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Bless you, I do feel sorry for you, maybe try chatting to people at Brighton games, preferably not about how we're doomed. Or, let me guess, you no longer go to games?

Come on Uncle, you don't know that! I'm not going to deny that they haven't played well, but in a perverse way maybe that is comforting... at least we're not doing so badly with a full strength squad and us all playing well... Yes, that would make relegation (if it happens0 easier to accept, but in the meantime, IF Slade can get them to fight then maybe theres hope...

Also, come on! How can you expect me to get over myself when I'm so magnificent...? Bet you don't have an answer to that.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Steady on - they might not have been the most hated, but surely the squads of 1996-98 are MUCH worse than this one.

In terms of potential ability and actual results this squad is by far the worst perfomers in the 37 years I have been watching.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bless you, I do feel sorry for you, maybe try chatting to people at Brighton games, preferably not about how we're doomed. Or, let me guess, you no longer go to games?

Come on Uncle, you don't know that! I'm not going to deny that they haven't played well, but in a perverse way maybe that is comforting... at least we're not doing so badly with a full strength squad and us all playing well... Yes, that would make relegation (if it happens0 easier to accept, but in the meantime, IF Slade can get them to fight then maybe theres hope...

Also, come on! How can you expect me to get over myself when I'm so magnificent...? Bet you don't have an answer to that.

Slade has shown in the last 2 games he CANNOT get them to fight hasn't he.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

You clearly go to games with blindfolds on because you are the only one that seems to think that this squad has got any fight left in it this season.

And you keep telling yourself how magnificent you are, after a while you'll start to believe it.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
INteresting how you choose to ignore Yeovil, yes they were very poor, but loo kat how he transformed Cox for that game in such short time... we don't know what he's been doing this week or indeed next...

Is it or is it not perfectly feasible that Slade could kick them into action...?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
BHAFC are NOT a big club anymore. They had potential to be a few years back but the fan base is dwindling with loyal supporters finding better things to do and very few new young fans wanting to watch the passionless and inempt performances from this disgraceful shower especially at home.

That doesn't make Crawley as big as Brighton. That's like saying Eastbourne are as a big as Brighton if they got into League 2, the clubs are not comparable in any way.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
You clearly go to games with blindfolds on because you are the only one that seems to think that this squad has got any fight left in it this season.

And you keep telling yourself how magnificent you are, after a while you'll start to believe it.

Oh but I do believe! I really do...

No, I go to games and boo when I am dissapointed and cheer when pleased, I take games as they come and in all my years as a season ticket hodler I know that transformations can and do happen, I also know how awful a negative attitude can be around the stand and how infectious it is...

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
INteresting how you choose to ignore Yeovil, yes they were very poor, but loo kat how he transformed Cox for that game in such short time... we don't know what he's been doing this week or indeed next...

Is it or is it not perfectly feasible that Slade could kick them into action...?

For me, Yeovil are gone as well. The bottom 4 as it is now will almost certainly stay that way (other than jockying for who occupys which position). This is game 37-38, we are down there for a reason, not because we have been unlucky. 10 home defeats out of 19 is exceptionally poor, as are we right now.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Oh but I do believe! I really do...

No, I go to games and boo when I am dissapointed and cheer when pleased, I take games as they come and in all my years as a season ticket hodler I know that transformations can and do happen, I also know how awful a negative attitude can be around the stand and how infectious it is...

Good for you.

Yes transformations do happen - but where is the evidence it's about to happen to us? You talked about fighting spirit, that's the one thing that the players have been accussed of lacking by all the fans this year - no matter what the results.

The other thing you have highlighted is results going our way, that's all very well, but I highlighted in the other thread that we've got to win 5 of our next 9 games to get to 50 points, and looking at the table and form of other teams, that may not be enough anyway. Given that we have won 8 of the last 37, where on earth are you thinking that 5 (possibly 6) wins are going to come from?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
6 wins in 34.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Good for you.

Yes transformations do happen - but where is the evidence it's about to happen to us? You talked about fighting spirit, that's the one thing that the players have been accussed of lacking by all the fans this year - no matter what the results.

The other thing you have highlighted is results going our way, that's all very well, but I highlighted in the other thread that we've got to win 5 of our next 9 games to get to 50 points, and looking at the table and form of other teams, that may not be enough anyway. Given that we have won 8 of the last 37, where on earth are you thinking that 5 (possibly 6) wins are going to come from?

But isn't the point of being a supporter is that you think you can beat anyone (whics, on our day, we can) and that you always think, overall, your club is best...? Yes, there is a rollercoaster when, inevitably, you will be down, but ultimately you always believe you can get out of it...

We've got to believe we can do it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think I realised we were UTTER TURD when we could not even beat or score a single goals against a team in which we had 2 more players for over an hour. The writing was on the wall then and that was back in October.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here