Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcome to chain Hove

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Me and some pals were debating why Wetherspoons haven't got an outlet down in London Road in Brighton. There was talk they were going to get the old Sainsburys, before it became an Aldi. We surmised it was because it was just TOO rough an area for them :ohmy:

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Blimey, The Star was sold about 7 years ago now I think !
Shakespeare's Head had to close as the lease on the entire building was up and it's all being turned into a hotel.

London Road does indeed seem the perfect Wetherspoons location. I'd agree with you there.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Apparently the local traders were up in arms about the possibility of a Spoons being sited there, as they thought it would lower the tone of the area ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very, very true!

People like Coldplay and voted for the nazis. You can't trust people.

As Sid Vicious said, I've seen the man on the street and he's a ****.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Me and some pals were debating why Wetherspoons haven't got an outlet down in London Road in Brighton. There was talk they were going to get the old Sainsburys, before it became an Aldi. We surmised it was because it was just TOO rough an area for them :ohmy:

They have looked at the old Blockbusters building, not sure if anything will come from it though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was going to count the number of phone shops on George Street this morning but the wife told me off. I think it's 5 btw but wanted to confirm.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Eh? Hove Place still alive and kicking after a recent refurb. He's actually done it quite tastefully which is quite a surprise for everyone !

I thought it was sold on to new owners. Am I wrong then?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was going to count the number of phone shops on George Street this morning but the wife told me off. I think it's 5 btw but wanted to confirm.

I met [MENTION=12187]Uter[/MENTION] for a coffee and managed a sneaky phone shop count, 5 as suspected.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's cool. He's in very good form lately.
If he's feeling down he can just pop along to The Cricketers and listen to the till ringing constantly.

I always smile when I see The Lion Man out and about. I have heard stories about the decor in his house; I hope it's all true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here