Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcome to chain Hove

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Lion Group gave up The Swan in Midhurst about 18 months ago, handed it back to Harveys for disposal, I think

Blimey try to keep up BG ! That's yonks ago. He took that one on as he wanted the Eclipse in Hove and had to take them both. He held it for a year or two, but sold it on to Terry at The St Mary's Gate in Arundel. It's since been passed on at least twice. Dave hasn't been there for around 6 years now.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I always smile when I see The Lion Man out and about. I have heard stories about the decor in his house; I hope it's all true.

Yes same here and the one about he sleeps upright so as not to ruin his hair style.

I imagine it being almost like the Long Man of Wilmington inside.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With the terrible announcement that Cineworld are buying the Duke of York shall I start a chain Brighton thread or shall we include it in this one?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Shouldn't you guys all be sat outside a barbers or the local feed store or something?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Blimey, The Star was sold about 7 years ago now I think !
Shakespeare's Head had to close as the lease on the entire building was up and it's all being turned into a hotel.

London Road does indeed seem the perfect Wetherspoons location. I'd agree with you there.

I remember when The Star in Manchester Street lost 50% of their customer base after the BT call centre in the building next door closed down.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Blimey try to keep up BG ! That's yonks ago. He took that one on as he wanted the Eclipse in Hove and had to take them both. He held it for a year or two, but sold it on to Terry at The St Mary's Gate in Arundel. It's since been passed on at least twice. Dave hasn't been there for around 6 years now.

You are probably right as I was talking to Dave at Withdean when he told me that he had sold it and it was about 3 years before we left Withdean; How time flies when you get older:lolol:

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Just to keep you updated with your Hove chains, Paddy Power have now had their license accepted so will shortly be taking over Le Lion D'or.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just to keep you updated with your Hove chains, Paddy Power have now had their license accepted so will shortly be taking over Le Lion D'or.

Fantastic. 4 bookmakers now on George Steet.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not for punters as they tend to offer better odds and promotions to get you in there

It's depressing for George Street though. 10 years ago it was a nice street and area. It's grim now.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Forget the chains, buy local I use Bagelman or Small Batch

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The independents are struggling. We had a small group of three pubs out our way, The Fountain in Ashurst, The Swan at Fittleworth and Whites [White Horse] in Steyning, went bust last week. Concerns that they'll be taken on by a pubco, not good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here