Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wednesday/Luton Pitch Invasions.

Adopted Brightonian

Jan 31, 2009
Brighton/Northampton
Yeah, but it obviously sounds better to say that Luton hooligans smashed them up into pieces, when in reality a couple of young kids swung on them for a few seconds.

It was well over a couple, they were not all young kids, and there was an intention to break it.

A couple of people after the game posted comments along the lines of "shame we couldn't break toe goal post" etc.

Let me guess, yesterday was a couple of kids throwing sweetie wrappers? :facepalm:

Stinkers Bridge

Jul 28, 2004
Buxted Harbour
It was well over a couple, they were not all young kids, and there was an intention to break it.

A couple of people after the game posted comments along the lines of "shame we couldn't break toe goal post" etc.

Let me guess, yesterday was a couple of kids throwing sweetie wrappers? :facepalm:

If someone posted it then it must true !

Adopted Brightonian

Jan 31, 2009
Brighton/Northampton
If someone posted it then it must true !

I've heard it from several people. They seemed to be genuinely disappointed.

You've seen their behaviour after the York game, surely such behaviour is of no surprise?

It's a bit of a moot point really though, what happened yesterday was a lot more serious and that is what they'll be punished for, hopefully anyway.

I'm just annoyed that my club has had to pay out for their cretinous behaviour.

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
Yeah, but it obviously sounds better to say that Luton hooligans smashed them up into pieces, when in reality a couple of young kids swung on them for a few seconds.

:facepalm:
Why are you defending Luton. It doesn’t matter how old or how many invaded the pitch they still ran onto the OPPOSITIONS pitch, in a nothing game, and started to swing on the OPPOSITIONS goal posts. It's not acceptable. One word can sum that club and town up and that would be SCUM!

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Rushden & Diamonds have something that Luton will never have. CLASS.

Lovely new stadium that has a beer concourse with law-abiding supporters. I really wanted them to get back into the football league. Hopefully next season.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Indeed, with posters who claimed that Palace players deserved to be assaulted.

Bullshit, I said that the palace fans who ran beyond the players towards the home end got all they deserved, I didn't know at the time that Clint Hill had been attacked as well. Although he has his fans to blame for it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
erm, there was a team that used to play at The Gold something, got deducted 2 points sometime last century, fans were protesting against the increase in the price of pies I think, that's what me great grandad said anyway

You must have his genes as he was clearly an idiot too.

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Eagle eyed view of you...
Bullshit, I said that the palace fans who ran beyond the players towards the home end got all they deserved, I didn't know at the time that Clint Hill had been attacked as well. Although he has his fans to blame for it.

Erm, my post was about players getting assaulted, and your response was about how Palace fans had run past players and said "deserved it". I think that's a good enough reason to assume you're tlaking about the player being assaulted. If not, you should have explained.

The only fans I can see on the pitch were with the players. Yes, there's some who run past the main group, but there's other Palace players behind them who they're going for. I don't understand what you mean "to the home end". There's three home ends, because their fans are in the three stands other than ours. Which one are you claiming our fans ran towards? The first set of Wednesday fans to get on the pitch were the ones on our left who'd been causing trouble all game. I am 100% sure none of our fans ran to that area of the ground, which means that they have zero excuse for getting on the pitch. In addition, their assault on Clint Hill can only go down to their own fans' bitterness and jealousy. The assault happened a long time after any of our fans had been on the pitch, and was clearly a product of the Wednesday fans getting in a massive group and Hill having to go through them. Other players were on the ptich at the time of the Palace invasion and they weren't targetted. There is no excuse or valid reason for assaulting players, no matter what another team's fans have done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here