Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wednesday/Luton Pitch Invasions.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
At least Luton fans are consistent when they invade the pitch. To celebrate getting to Wembley against us in the JPPT last year, they came to our end goaded us and chucked coins at us.

Points deduction warranted but probably something like £10k fine and a warning about future conduct as Nick Owen is a "nice guy" and previous history " nothing to do with us" as he said on R5 yesterday

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seen the interviews on SSN yesterday with Nick Owen, Richard Money, and the Cheif Exec.

The Chief Exec was okay. Accepted that it was very serious, and promised to act accordingly, etc.

Owen, stated that he was disappointed and angry, that a 'few' fans had tarnished the whole club. It really wasn't a 'few' though was it? We've all seen the video footage. A good 1000 people on that pitch. More than 10% of the Luton fans in attendance.

Money was the best of all. "I didn't really see anything, to be fair, but nothing serious actually happened, so I don't see why there would be any recriminations."

:facepalm:

Sweetie

Apr 1, 2004
I knew the stewards/SYP were going to do f*** all when a Wednesday fan ran onto the pitch to celebrtae Wednesdays first goal and was then just ushered back into his seat by all concerned rather than nabbing him and chucking him out. One steward was even having a chat with him about it!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In fairness to the clubs in situations like these, I really do feel that there is only so much they can ever do when 1,000 tossers decide to act like this. Nevertheless, those comments by Money are truly shocking as he should at least recognise the fact that they have a problem to deal with.

Oh and by the way, you can mark me down as someone who has always considered Lootown a scummy, shitty two bob little club. The fact that their tin pot outfit have truly whithered even further since the MK Dons formed, is the silver lining on that cloud IMO.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Luton are f***ing animals. A disgrace to football.

A week earlier they pulled down the goalposts at Nene Park and intimidated our fans, but that was nothing compared to yesterday.

Kick the fuckers out the BSP.

Hmmm I seem to recall our fans goading the Swindon fans after the play off game. Should the football league have kicked us out as well?

Also, was it any worse than what Wednesday did on Sunday?? Should they be kicked out?

I'm advocating what they did as I'm only going on what I've seen on the box however kicking them out of the league seems a touch on the harsh side.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Hmmm I seem to recall our fans goading the Swindon fans after the play off game. Should the football league have kicked us out as well?

Also, was it any worse than what Wednesday did on Sunday?? Should they be kicked out?

I'm advocating what they did as I'm only going on what I've seen on the box however kicking them out of the league seems a touch on the harsh side.

exactly, having been on the end of this there are a lot of hypocritical posts on here.

Adopted Brightonian

Jan 31, 2009
Brighton/Northampton

I was unaware Brighton fans had done that. I've only followed the club for two seasons.
Depends what this 'goading' consisted of.
And yes I'd say it was worse that Wednesday's behaviour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here