[Albion] Webster and Stephens

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
When Mooy carelessly gave the ball away he should have clipped the attackers heels and taken a yellow for the team. Was no sign of him even trying to trip the Watford player up; he just stood and watched.

Then what do we teach young kids? GO TO THE BALL. Instead Duffy backs off and backs off. Then instead of pushing him wide, shows him the inside and that's all it took.

Two international players with heaps of experience making mistakes you would hope your under 13s wouldn't make.

Shocking from them both.

Players give the ball away on occasion. I appreciate it’s a mistake, but the distance Doucore travels with the ball, and how Duffy defends him puts the mistake cleanly at his feet for me. Mooy could’ve done more, no doubt, and isn’t blameless, but Duffy is in there to defend against situations like that. If he’d engaged him early on as he should’ve done, he probably wouldn’t have got a yellow even, considering where on the pitch it was.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Stephens and Webster were excellent in the first part of the season. The confidence of the team was high and confidence is definitely a big part of these two players game. Webster has never been the same since he was rushed back from the injury when he was stretchered off and with Stephens I feel that now other teams have worked out how to peg us bag in our own half his form has suffered. They are much better footballers than Pascal Gross and just hope Stephens is ahead of Gross is the team selection for Sheffield United. Gross was abysmal against Watford. The only thing Gross offers the team is good stats from Free Kicks and Corners.
We could really do with the pace of Jose Izquierdo back in the side.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Players give the ball away on occasion. I appreciate it’s a mistake, but the distance Doucore travels with the ball, and how Duffy defends him puts the mistake cleanly at his feet for me. Mooy could’ve done more, no doubt, and isn’t blameless, but Duffy is in there to defend against situations like that. If he’d engaged him early on as he should’ve done, he probably wouldn’t have got a yellow even, considering where on the pitch it was.

But all defenders now back off. It's clearly something coached right across the game

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
My issue with duffy is he just hoofs. When he wins a header or wins a 50 50 he just hits it, not caring where it goes, leading to the opposition getting the ball and us not reset, given the opposition the advantage. He also never tackles without fouling.

Please advise how many cards has he received this season, i think the answer will not support your statement

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports