Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Webster and Stephens

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
[/B]
The wrong way around because if Mooy hadn't lost the ball initially Duffy would not have been called on for a tackle as we would have been on the attack.

Duffy didn’t make a tackle. He may as well just have waved a white flag enshrined with the words “please come and score lad” considering just how ineffective he was.

Duffy was the one asked to do his job and he had about 30 yards worth of Doucore running with the ball to do it. He didn’t and we conceded. If that had been Webster, it would’ve been 100% his fault.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
People must have missed all the poxy goals we conceded with Stephens and Webster in the team. None of the press seem to be critising Duffy.i don't think he did anything he tried to show him away from goal, ita a lot easier to run forward than backwards that's why counter attacks are so hard to defend

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Duffy has proved that in the air he's right up there, on the deck he makes quite a few balls-ups.

For me, he plays if we're up against a stagnant lump ie. Carroll/Wood.

Any pace/skill, we play Webbo.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Duffy has proved that in the air he's right up there, on the deck he makes quite a few balls-ups.

Trouble is Webbo still has to defend set piece headers something that seem alien for him as a CB

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Did Deaney get a kick of the ball?

All I remember of him, during the game is lying on the floor, rubbing a part of his body & complaining to the ref.

Oddly Duffy's inclusion into the squad was bought into question.
TBH I would have been questioning had GPott not played him, Deaney would have eaten Webster for breakfast.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
although to be fair we sorted it 2nd half

Did we? It was marginally better, but hardly 'sorted'.

Without a quite ridiculous own goal we would have lost to a dreadful Watford side as there's no way we were going to score ourselves.

Exactly how many shots did we have on target, at home, against one of the very few sides below us in the league?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Did Deeney get a kick of the ball?

All I remember of him, during the game is lying on the floor, rubbing a part of his body & complaining to the ref.

Oddly Duffy's inclusion into the squad was bought into question.
TBH I would have been questioning had GPott not played him, Deeney would have eaten Webster for breakfast.
Like I say, all about opinions.

Duffo is less reliable on the deck than Webbo.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Without a quite ridiculous own goal we would have lost to a dreadful Watford side as there's no way we were going to score ourselves.

Exactly how many shots did we have on target, at home, against one of the very few sides below us in the league?

2 I believe. There's was Mooy's poke after a good move that was well saved. Can't remember the other...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Deffo re Duffo.

I genuinely don't know where I stand in the Webbo/Duffo debate.

Me and [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] went round that circle a fair few times and got precisely nowhere.

It was deffo the right call to play him against Deaney.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
My issue with duffy is he just hoofs. When he wins a header or wins a 50 50 he just hits it, not caring where it goes, leading to the opposition getting the ball and us not reset, given the opposition the advantage. He also never tackles without fouling.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I agree that Webster is better in possession than Duffy, however, playing with one OAP forward and no supporting cast meant Watford could play a reasonably high line, meaning their was feck all space to play into. When Maupay/Connolly play opposition sit deeper to counter the threat of a ball behind or over the top, that affords more time and space for our pedestrian midfielders to turn like milk and pick an incisive sideways pass.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Strange, I remember Foster having to stretch out a left foot to try to save a great shot.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Strange, I remember Foster having to stretch out a left foot to try to save a great shot.

You've just proven my point.

ONE shot on target, against one of the (very few) sides below us in the league.

Not good enough.

I can't fault the effort or endeavour - there was plenty of that, just a real lack of pace and quality. We are far too slow in our build up and approach play.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You've just proven my point.

ONE shot on target, against one of the (very few) sides below us in the league.

Not good enough.

I can't fault the effort or endeavour - there was plenty of that, just a real lack of pace and quality. We are far too slow in our build up and approach play.

I haven’t proved anything.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The guy runs from the half way line to the edge of the box with the ball. Propper had moved to give Mooy an option on the ball and Mooy made a mistake. That happens. Sometimes the ball turns over in midfield. But you don’t back off all the way to your own box without putting a tackle in and then let the guy come on to his stronger foot. I’ll give you 25% Mooy and 75% Duffy as a compromise.

When Mooy carelessly gave the ball away he should have clipped the attackers heels and taken a yellow for the team. Was no sign of him even trying to trip the Watford player up; he just stood and watched.

Then what do we teach young kids? GO TO THE BALL. Instead Duffy backs off and backs off. Then instead of pushing him wide, shows him the inside and that's all it took.

Two international players with heaps of experience making mistakes you would hope your under 13s wouldn't make.

Shocking from them both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here