Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need to talk about Dale

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Meh. Dale is great but the other 3 in midfield (AK,BK,JS) are much more influential and much more valuable. If he wants to go and we get top money then so what? Good player but not the biggest loss (sorry Dale if you see this) x

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Meh. Dale is great but the other 3 in midfield (AK,BK,JS) are much more influential and much more valuable. If he wants to go and we get top money then so what? Good player but not the biggest loss (sorry Dale if you see this) x

If you really think that Skalak is more influential than Stephens then I'm concerned for you.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008

Sorry, how has Skalak been much more influential than Stephens? A couple of nice free kicks and cracking goals but nowhere near as consistent as DS. I would agree that Kayal is better but they compliment each other well, would be a big blow to us unless it helps us strengthen in other areas.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It is a shame that the club can't discipline him IF he has said he won't play but I am not sure what they can do. So if he wants to go then let him go , get as good a price as you can and move on. I understand about moving for better wages , s a higher standard or indeed regular football but if a player is trying to manipulate a move even though the club don't want to sell then get him out asap.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Sorry, how has Skalak been much more influential than Stephens? A couple of nice free kicks and cracking goals but nowhere near as consistent as DS. I would agree that Kayal is better but they compliment each other well, would be a big blow to us unless it helps us strengthen in other areas.

Like I said bad choice of words but Dale more replicable than Skalk, in my opinion

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
You actually said influential and valuable, and now you've added replaceable. I'm still concerned.

Jesus... Which one would you prefer to lose who wasn't already half replaced? Going out now so please don't get upset when I don't reply....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not once has Dale Stephens said he wants to leave. That doesn't mean that he is not emotionally affected by the offers

This is reminiscent of Nathan Jones telling Oscar, that Bridcutt's head wasn't in the right place. The only difference is that there was a firm bid in place for him.

I think fans forget players are people too.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I am quite confident TB will refuse to sell him and he will still be here on Sept 1st and hopefully sign a renewed contract along with Kayal.

One thing TB has done consistently is to try to get value for money. If a player isn't signing a new contract, selling him for big bucks is value for money.

Imagine if we spent 6 or 8 million on a one year loan fee for a player? We would all say TB has lost the plot. But if we knock back an offer of that size and force Dale to serve out his contract that is effectively the same thing. So TB will accept an offer if he thinks the alternative is lose him for nothing in less than a years time.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

What the ****. No, just no.

You're a lost cause if you genuinely believe that. DS is our best midfielder and scores some important goals, it's massively noticeable when he's out.

Also don't know why you're comparing him to our wide players.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
This is all BS so far, no respected journo has jumped on it yet and there is no convincing evidence to suggest Stephens is off. One thing I can never get my head around is why people believe DS and affiliates of the club would leak the fact he has 'refused to travel', it benefits no one.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Never mind Stephens... Anyone else think Newcastle are nailed on to put in a fresh bid for Knockaert this week, just to attempt to rock the boat before Saturday?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Never mind Stephens... Anyone else think Newcastle are nailed on to put in a fresh bid for Knockaert this week, just to attempt to rock the boat before Saturday?
Yes, but the cheque will be torn in 2 and burnt. As will any following cheques. They best order a new chequebook now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In amongst the speculation one thing IS certain: a transfer window that ends four weeks into the new season is f*cking b*llocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here