Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need to talk about Dale

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
He might be correct but I know CH a lot better than WA does - What do you really want him to come out ad say something negative about his players. There is no way that Chris would do that with any of his players. Especially not someone he has such a high regard for as he does for Stephens. He has to ensure his reputation with fans is not tarnished.

I think Chris thinks Dale Stephens will be here at the end of the transfer window and I think he is ensuring that Dale Stephens reputation at the club is not tarnished during what is a really difficult time with bids flying in for him.

I really do just think that he knows the lad might just not be truly focussed at this time and he has so many other options that he can use this as an opportunity to give others game time until the end of the transfer window. I think we are turning down the bids which are coming in so far.

You are right about CH because he is very professional on things.

I personally think it's an utter disgrace that if true he is refusing to play and wants out. He is still under contract and there's no reason why the club should make excuses to defend him. I would simply dump him in reserves until we get the right price.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So as things stand Stephens wants out but we won't sell him and we won't play him until he accepts it or the window closes and he is here until January at least. CH is hoping he'll knuckle down once he accepts we are not selling him this window?

Not once has Dale Stephens said he wants to leave. That doesn't mean that he is not emotionally affected by the offers

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Have it from someone who knows Dale and has told him that he is off to Burnley

Dreadful news if true. Burnley. Fuxxing horrible place (I know the players probably live outside), horrible fans, no football (Dale may improve that slightly) and their behaviour in the 2-2 draw. Thanks Dale if true.

I'm still holding out hope though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not once has Dale Stephens said he wants to leave. That doesn't mean that he is not emotionally affected by the offers

Interesting, no, very interesting thanks for sharing.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
He might be correct but I know CH a lot better than WA does - What do you really want him to come out ad say something negative about his players. There is no way that Chris would do that with any of his players. Especially not someone he has such a high regard for as he does for Stephens. He has to ensure his reputation with fans is not tarnished.

Where have I suggested that?!?!

All I have done, along with many others, is picked up on the fact that rumours have been flying around about Stephens. One minute he is in the team. The next he is not even in the squad. CH makes a comment and then a respected commentator throws out a potential grenade.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are right about CH because he is very professional on things.

I personally think it's an utter disgrace that if true he is refusing to play and wants out. He is still under contract and there's no reason why the club should make excuses to defend him. I would simply dump him in reserves until we get the right price.

Surely if as Noo says we are possibly turning down bids the last thing CH wants is him exposed to fans hate. It is much easier to shield him until the window closes then wipe the rumours off as just unfounded rumours. Without the full details being exposed.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Surely if as Noo says we are possibly turning down bids the last thing CH wants is him exposed to fans hate. It is much easier to shield him until the window closes then wipe the rumours off as just unfounded rumours. Without the full details being exposed.
Stephens will be gone if it turns out he wants out. Clubs don't hang onto unhappy players including us. We don't need to rush this but Burnley will be desperate to make signings before deadline.

Hate to say it but the buck stops with the player. He will be sold

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stephens will be gone if it turns out he wants out. Clubs don't hang onto unhappy players including us. We don't need to rush this but Burnley will be desperate to make signings before deadline.

Hate to say it but the buck stops with dthe player. He will be sold

Is there any reputable posting of Dale Stephens saying he wants to go.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

You can almost guarantee that clubs offering money will crank things up in the last few weeks of the transfer window and we have to expect that when we have good players but we want to keep him. That will put more pressure on the club and the player himself.

The club are playing things the right way in my opinion - So far there is no change in our stance on the matter and until that changes there is nothing to report.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hmmmmm I suspect, as I have since this epic saga began, that he will leave by Jan. That's football, that's life.
This. Players come and go and if people want quality players to come in, the funds have got to come from somewhere.

I'm not saying DS will go - not do I want him to - but I wouldn't be surprised if he did move on.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
This. Players come and go and if people want quality players to come in, the funds have got to come from somewhere.

I'm not saying DS will go - not do I want him to - but I wouldn't be surprised if he did move on.

Spot on Gregster - we surely all recognise our need to sell a 'biggie' every so often - to both offset loss and fund expenditure on new recruits. It's part of running the club responsibly and has my full backing.

This and I suspect he might want to go....

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Spot on Gregster - we surely all recognise our need to sell a 'biggie' every so often - to both offset loss and fund expenditure on new recruits. It's part of running the club responsibly and has my full backing.

This and I suspect he might want to go....
We already offered 8 million for one player and a few million for Duffy. We don't need to sell. This club will always make a loss unless we go up. Selling Stephens won't make much difference. It will mean we will need another quality midfielder though.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Never have i heard of a player missing a big game because of extra training,i fear we have seen the last of Dale

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here