Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need a drum don't we?

Should we have a drummer at the Amex?

• Yes lets give it a try but make it subtle and sort out the songs.

Votes: 59 34.5%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 112 65.5%

• Total voters

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
This forum is really quite successful.... Why not use it to upload tunes sung by even small posses....test oUt lyrics....film some new stuff under the North Stand after the match?
There's a lot of catching up to do after Archer, Gillingham and the Withdean years......a big hole in the generational continuity - we're doing fine really

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Drum.jpg

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
pleased that ROR has bounced this thread. only a few days ago there was a discussion about 2 songs being sung simultaneously in the North Stand because the two sides can't hear each other. Do we know whether the club has a view on having a (decent) drum in the North Stand? We clearly need to give it a go now, how about for a trial period?

I'm in West Upper so not directly involved, but it would be great to hear ALL of the North Stand in full flow.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
As there a few people on NSC tonight I thought I would bring up the drum issue again.

Up to now I have been resolutely opposed to having a drum anywhere near the Amex, 'tinpot', 'scummers have one' etc etc

But I have changed my mind. We have now started to accept that the scummers have created a tremendous atmosphere. The atmosphere at Derby was driven by the drum which helped the whole crowd to get into a song as one. At the Amex someone somewhere starts a song and they have finished it by the time it has rippled round half the stadium. Are we the tinpot club now?

Yes it would need to be done properly, and with a decent range of quality and preferably unique songs.

But now the time has come. Let's make the Amex a cauldron.

Appreciate there will be a big debate on this, but surely the tide is turning.

I agree with this. Like you, I was initially opposed to the idea. But it would undoubtedly help the atmosphere, which let's face it can be extremely flat at the Amex at times. Bring it on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here