Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need a drum don't we?

Should we have a drummer at the Amex?

• Yes lets give it a try but make it subtle and sort out the songs.

Votes: 59 34.5%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 112 65.5%

• Total voters

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
The reason the drum was unobtrusive was because the Derby fans were singing, which drowned it out. Thumping a drum in the midst of an apathetic crowd gives you the sound of... a drum. Thumping it when 20,000 of the 30,000 are already yelling themselves hoarse, you've got atmosphere. Not for me - we just have to make more bloody noise ourselves, basically.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I'd be open to the idea if it was only a small drum that doesn't completely drown out the singing and is used by someone with some sort of rhythm.. Too many away games we've had people bang on the back wall at twice the speed of any song.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'd be open to the idea if it was only a small drum that doesn't completely drown out the singing and is used by someone with some sort of rhythm.. Too many away games we've had people bang on the back wall at twice the speed of any song.

Salsa, African, Reggae?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Leave the drums to the tinpot teams, what we need is one of those great big wurlitzers coming up out of the ground in the South east corner where nobody ever sits booming out some traditional cheesy rhythms.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
I must admit that the bloke who starts banging the metal sign behind him in the north stand does get the crowd together as one singing, that is until the steward tells him to stop it, then it all goes to s**t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here