Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need a drum don't we?

Should we have a drummer at the Amex?

• Yes lets give it a try but make it subtle and sort out the songs.

Votes: 59 34.5%
  • Over my dead body

Votes: 112 65.5%

• Total voters

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade
Full respect to Derby yesterday they were good stood right next to them and hated it when they got going . If you looked at them there was a lot of young blood in there who were up for it . The DCFC song was one that we tried to get going months ago to the words of Brighton hove Albion, oh we love you , the Sussex boys in White and Blue . Sung it no one liked it and when you sing it for to long just upsets people . As for our fans who stayed to the end yesterday full respect to you made a bit of a go of it with the left side Right side Brighton Boys . And lets pretend we scored a goal . Look at what Rangers Celtic and that lot up the road get up to it does not just happen they work at it . The club would have to let us have our own area it may happen it may not .

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Just get a drum, don't need to ask permission on here.
If it gets the crowd going and spurs the team on then go for it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
this a perfectly ample sized drum.

go for it.......knock yourself out.

ux_a09031300ux0110_ux_c.jpg

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Well, it wouldn't HURT. And that is a change from my position of maybe 2 years ago where I would have said that a drum would have hurt.

Bottom line is that the atmosphere both home and away is poor far too often. For me there is one primary reason for this: nearly all our songs peter out after 1/2 verses, we seem to not have a single chant that can be or is sung for longer than about 20 seconds. Look at Derby, they didn't have a big variety of chants or a lot of complex lyrics but the chants were catchy, the clapping kept it all in time and they went on and on and on. We need to sort this out before it dies on it's ass completely.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Please no drum, if we had a vote, convinced that people in the majority would say no, maybe the kids would like it and fair do, but I am
Afraid that would stop me going, it is my real pet hate in football, sorry have an opinion. You don't need a drum to get a good noise going, you need a combination fans that sing, good football, a stadium that holds the noise, simple

You'd stop going if we had a drum? Mate that's pathetic.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
CAN we ALSO use CALL and ANSWER for WHEN our PLAYER scores.

GLENN? MURRAY! GLENN? MURRAY!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I haven't got a problem with a drum but the problem is fans objecting to it because Palace use one. Doesn't matter that loads of other clubs use one, it's just because Palace do.

It's the same as the Saint Pauli "We love you" song, because Palace sing it, we don't, even though it's not their song and every club up and down the land sings it.

It is nothing to do with Palace and everything to do with some flat slob banging out a fecking racket on a frigging drum for the whole game. It takes all of the spontaneity out of football and is as intrusive as hell. If anybody bought a drum into The Amex, sat behind me and then started that endless tuneless crap I would, quite literally, put my size 11 foot through the frigging thing.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
You'd stop going if we had a drum? Mate that's pathetic.

Ok I am pathetic then, but I have my opinion. It had nothing to do with Palace, I know most of their decent fans hate the drum with a fury. Look I am an old man and just do not want a drummer and I am the majority don't either. Think this is just a knee jerk reaction to the Derby game and yes I was there are to be honest I did not hear a drummer, heard the bloody goal music !!

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
It's something I will always associate with Palace, plus it's a really boring sound to hear for 90 minutes, so no, we do not need a drum. If a drum does appear it may get the Keith Moon treatment...

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
It's something I will always associate with Palace, plus it's a really boring sound to hear for 90 minutes, so no, we do not need a drum. If a drum does appear it may get the Keith Moon treatment...

Really!!! I would say they have only had one for a few years...England have had them for years and Spanish clubs for decades..in fact when I think of world cups in the 70s and 80s they always showed the drummers and as a kid it all looked exotic!! in fact when I went to see Reading the first season at the new stadium, they had a drum back then.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I don't really associate drums with Palace, I associate them with being vaguely irritated for the whole game.

Additionally, in reference to OPs comments, Derby's drum was awful in the league fixture. Didn't work at all.

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
Really!!! I would say they have only had one for a few years...England have had them for years and Spanish clubs for decades..in fact when I think of world cups in the 70s and 80s they always showed the drummers and as a kid it all looked exotic!! in fact when I went to see Reading the first season at the new stadium, they had a drum back then.

It was at Selhurst that I first heard a drum being played at a live football match. They're forever tarnished in my eyes, even if the idea was imported.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
It was at Selhurst that I first heard a drum being played at a live football match. They're forever tarnished in my eyes, even if the idea was imported.

I don't know your age but I find that surprising. Sheff Wed have had one for years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here