Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are SOUTHAMPTON, we don't care about you ???????

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
What a load of bollocks. You know 100% that our rivalry with Pompey is much bigger than anything you'll ever experience, and to say that we're more obsessed than you are, then why have there been a large number of threads about us in the last few months, why did you change your pre-match music for us? Why was your PA being a tosser towards us, why did you change your programme cover towards us? Why did your manager make bitter and classless comments towards us afterwards? Why did your fans take the time to make banners about us?

Hmm.

You may not realize but in the civilized world we change our pre-match entertainment & programme covers game by game, sorry to disapoint you but its not all about Southampton . My advice to you is to take a copy of this mornings results page to your manky little box room, wrap your six webbed fingers around your shrivelled cock and masturbate furiously over the fact that the massive club Southampton managed 3 pts against little Brighton who already have their feet up having won the title whilst you scramble about trying to avoid the lottery of the play-offs.

Now f*** off.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
For some reason there are about 50 posters on this board that write 'then' instead of 'than', I really don't understand it?

:down: sorry , that would be me

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I would imagine to try and put the other point of view to some of the claims on here which come across as slightly uninformed.

Why are you on here when "you are Southampton and you don't care about us" I think was the question, you can't really have it both ways.

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
Why are you on here when "you are Southampton and you don't care about us" I think was the question, you can't really have it both ways.

I care about you as much as the other teams in this division. I also discussed my preference for you to be promoted over Huddersfield. I've been on a few fans forums this year to discuss issues with other fans and hear their points of view. It's interesting.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
What a load of bollocks. You know 100% that our rivalry with Pompey is much bigger than anything you'll ever experience, and to say that we're more obsessed than you are, then why have there been a large number of threads about us in the last few months, why did you change your pre-match music for us? Why was your PA being a tosser towards us, why did you change your programme cover towards us? Why did your manager make bitter and classless comments towards us afterwards? Why did your fans take the time to make banners about us?

Hmm.

I think your seemingly bitter, over-the-top reaction shows that you do not understand my post. I am in no way suggesting that you care about us more then Pompey, as that is clearly not the case, what I am saying is that you seem to care about us just as much as we care about you - don't forget all the antics over recent months were sparked from comments made by YOUR manager.

I don't think many people care THAT much about Southampton on this board, although it has been a fun promotion rivalry this year, and one that we have absolutely battered you in.

Just to answer your questions - we didn't change our pre-match music for you, as we don't have regular such music. The choice of song was only a bit of banter and the closest we could come to reacting to Adkins comments, it was brilliant. The same goes for the programme cover and the PA, which was a hilarious joke which should be taken as such - I'm sure you would have done something similar if the roles had been reversed, or maybe you would have clapped Poyet to the dugout?

The banners were again a bit of banter as we have been the better team this season even though most people expected Southampton to walk the league including, seemingly, your manager back in November.

Anyway, I'd imagine we've had far more Southampton fans on this board than Brighton fans on your board - what does that say to you?

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
To the 2 very decent Saints fans on this thread, who talk a lot of sense, why do you think that there is a lot of abuse on other 'south coasts teams' websites, maybe just maybe it is because of the arrogant fans that you have (not you 2 who talk a lot of sense and your managers lack of grace. Yes Poyets comments about Dag and Red could be seen as an insult, but hey he was comparing you to the best team that we saw this year over 2 games ?, also ask yourselfs why other teams do not like you. Yes you are bigger that Brighton at the moment, based on history, crowds, finance and to be honest I could manage a team of million pound players to win this league, but we won the league fair and square, no cheating ball balls, no cheating players, just won more games and got more points and got not a lot of respect from Southampton in general. Just maybe that is why ?

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
To the 2 very decent Saints fans on this thread, who talk a lot of sense, why do you think that there is a lot of abuse on other 'south coasts teams' websites, maybe just maybe it is because of the arrogant fans that you have (not you 2 who talk a lot of sense and your managers lack of grace. Yes Poyets comments about Dag and Red could be seen as an insult, but hey he was comparing you to the best team that we saw this year over 2 games ?, also ask yourselfs why other teams do not like you. Yes you are bigger that Brighton at the moment, based on history, crowds, finance and to be honest I could manage a team of million pound players to win this league, but we won the league fair and square, no cheating ball balls, no cheating players, just won more games and got more points and got not a lot of respect from Southampton in general. Just maybe that is why ?

I would say it is at least partly based on the fact that we have been top dogs on the south coast for over twenty years until recently. Everyone likes it when the team above takes a fall. We are one of if not the biggest teams in this league (based on a host of factors) and so are going to be naturally disliked.

Bournemouth fans do it because they are desperate to manufacture a rivalry which just doesn't exist. All saints fans have only ever had nice things to say about Bournemouth but they became very bitter as quite a few of our fanbase are from Bournemouth.

In all honesty, people were accusing saints fans of arrogance as soon as we came down and before I had even seen any arrogant comments. We expected promotion this season but to say so is deemed arrogant by some yet really it's just being realistic. I'm not sure what you mean by respect. The vast majority of saints fans I have spoken to have congratulated you on being champions (and Adkins did on Saturday in his interview.) What else do you want?

I think if we have a settled pre season this year and don't go swapping our manager early doors again that we will give it a real good go with you next season. Should be interesting no doubt.

I don't think many people care THAT much about Southampton on this board, although it has been a fun promotion rivalry this year?

I care about you as much as the other teams in this division.

Okay, so we've ascertained that Brighton fans don't really care THAT much about Southampton, and Southampton fans don't really care THAT much about Brighton.

In which case would all the Southampton fans kindly now f*** off back to their own message boards, and would all the Brighton fans kindly stop starting spasticated threads about Nigel Adkins, keeping up and guards of honour.

You can renew your retarded bickering next season if you wish but, as we know, we've both got bigger fish to fry.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Okay, so we've ascertained that Brighton fans don't really care THAT much about Southampton, and Southampton fans don't really care THAT much about Brighton.

In which case would all the Southampton fans kindly now f*** off back to their own message boards, and would all the Brighton fans kindly stop starting spasticated threads about Nigel Adkins, keeping up and guards of honour.

You can renew your retarded bickering next season if you wish but, as we know, we've both got bigger fish to fry.
Speaking from a personal perspective, I quite like shooting the breeze with Brighton fans (and sometimes bickering) - so I don't want to f*** off yet if that is ok? I do still actively post on Saintsweb, just with a different user name - so does Redneb (although his user name is just reversed). Hypo is Hypo in both places :)

Speaking from a personal perspective, I quite like shooting the breeze with Brighton fans (and sometimes bickering) - so I don't want to f*** off yet if that is ok? I do still actively post on Saintsweb, just with a different user name - so does Redneb (although his user name is just reversed).

I've nothing against opposition fans coming on here. A lot of them, probably yourself included, talk far more sense than most of the 'local' idiots.

The last couple of weeks however have just been ridiculous with the same old crap day after day after day and it's boring: "Your stadium's on an industrial estate", "Your stadium's next to a university", "You're bad losers", "You're bad winners", "Your manager's a prick", "Your manager's a wanker".

And as everyone knows, arguing on the internet is like taking part in the special Olympics - even if you win, you're still a retard.

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
Speaking from a personal perspective, I quite like shooting the breeze with Brighton fans (and sometimes bickering) - so I don't want to f*** off yet if that is ok? I do still actively post on Saintsweb, just with a different user name - so does Redneb (although his user name is just reversed). Hypo is Hypo in both places :)

This. Plus I haven't actually started a Southampton thread, simply replied on the ones already created by Brighton fans.

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
I've nothing against opposition fans coming on here. A lot of them, probably yourself included, talk far more sense than most of the 'local' idiots.

The last couple of weeks however have just been ridiculous with the same old crap day after day after day and it's boring: "Your stadium's on an industrial estate", "Your stadium's next to a university", "You're bad losers", "You're bad winners", "Your manager's a prick", "Your manager's a wanker".

And as everyone knows, arguing on the internet is like taking part in the special Olympics - even if you win, you're still a retard.

TBF I haven't got into any of that today.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Southampton have got more fans than us?

Maybe, or maybe it means they want to argue as much with us as some on here want to argue with them?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
We have Gus Poyet, you have money.

We win, f*** off.

Oh alright, I have nothing against Southampton, I hated Pompey more to be fair, they're just a bunch of brainless twats themselves and seem to think they are above the law of football, but after we beat them in the FA cup, at least they seemed to swallow it they took it well, and I respect that.

Southampton beat us, They played the better football, They are made up of a good team of players. I would be completely happy for you if you were second place. But I only judge you as an idiot if you start hailing abuse at Brighton, a team that has been on the arse end off football for two decades because we lost the Goldstone and had to play at two of the worst football grounds in the country, one of them being the worst itself, It's been a tough life for Albion, and we don't like those that seem to think they are above money.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here