Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are SOUTHAMPTON, we don't care about you ???????

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Seeing have we have so many South Coast Club fans on our board at the moment, can you please explain what the f*** is that song about.

That is the most embarrasing thing I've ever heard the oppo fans sing at a game?

Why do you feel the need to sing it?

We dont give a shit about you either or any other team for that matter, but we dont feel the need to sing about it throughout an entire game???

No fan from any club really gives a shit about the other club, but I have never ever heard anyone else feel the need to sing it?

Do you have nothing to sing about other than to state the bleeding obvious?

Very very strange???

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
They made a lot of fuss when they beat us though didn't they for someone they dont care about :p

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
We don't care about you.
We don't care about you
We are the CHAMPIONS,
We don't care about you.

:wave:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
One of the funniest chants I have ever heard at a football match - contradicting in that one hilarious sentence the idea of the chant in the first place. If they didn't care about us would they really sing about us?

I think most of their fans are probably more obsessed with us than we are with them. I don't mind Southampton as a club, even though they have a wally for a manager and a few of their fans have ideas above their station. Then again, all clubs have fans like that. Most Saints fans are confusing club rivalry with promotion rivalry in my opinion, although the hilarious atmosphere yesterday won't have done anything to relieve the tension!

It's funny that since the win I've had three saints fans and a spurs sympathiser try and goad me into a comment on facebook.

If we had won I wouldn't have made a big deal of it....think we've riled them a bit :lolol:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I thought it was "We're Bigger then you" ??

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
As far as I know it started because Bournemouth fans forum(s) were full of SFC related threads, mostly full of the usual accusations of arrogance, lack of respect, name calling (scum), bile, vitriol blah blah blah. A familiar theme on here also recently. So whatever your opinion on it, or the potential irony of SFC fans posting on your message board, the "chant" is supposed to indicate that this hatred is not reciprocated since there are no derbies or arch rivalry for SFC fans other than Pompey.

Of course, I could have it completely wrong. Don't shoot the messenger.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
As far as I know it started because Bournemouth fans forum(s) were full of SFC related threads, mostly full of the usual accusations of arrogance, lack of respect, name calling (scum), bile, vitriol blah blah blah. A familiar theme on here also recently. So whatever your opinion on it, or the potential irony of SFC fans posting on your message board, the "chant" is supposed to indicate that this hatred is not reciprocated since there are no derbies or arch rivalry for SFC fans other than Pompey.

Of course, I could have it completely wrong. Don't shoot the messenger.

Sorry, but how is your forum filled with bile, vitriol etc any more than ours. Some of the idiots who have come on here to slag us off not only show you care but are also abusive. Obviously Palace are the big ones for us the same as Pompey are for you but to sing a chant claiming that you don't care about us shows how pathetic your fans really are.

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
They made a lot of fuss when they beat us though didn't they for someone they dont care about :p

I think it's fairly obvious that we cared about beating you, we want promotion and we just beat the team top of the league who were unbeaten at home. We would have celebrated madly whichever team that was, the reaction was no different because it was Brighton.

I think the don't care about you chant is a bit silly, but also slightly understandable. To say you don't care about us flies in the face of the available evidence when you consider the banners, the programme, the songs, the abuse from your fans and even messageboards like this where saints are mentioned routinely and have been for months. I can't remember any similar threads on the southampton forum or at least nowhere near the same volume (although I appreciate that this is the internet and not real life.)

The fact that someone took the time, effort and money to make a banner is extremely sad wouldnt you agree? I would say the same thing if it was a saints fan who did it.

hypochondriac

Apr 24, 2011
I thought it was either better than you or bigger than you, both of which are equally embarrassing as we don't care about you!

Maybe not you personally, but quite clearly a fair percentage of Brighton fans do, as evidenced by all the stuff I pointed out above.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Sorry, but how is your forum filled with bile, vitriol etc any more than ours.
Not sure what you mean there. I am not talking about the saintsweb forum. I am talking about the Bournemouth fans forum being filled with SFC related threads all season, in the same way that North Stand Chat has been filled with Saints related threads. You know that to be the case because some of the saner posters on here have been moaning about how embarassing it is. You don't find endless threads about Brighton and Bournemouth on Saintsweb - you don't even find endless threads about Pompey either. In fact, on Saintsweb, more time is spent abusing each other than other clubs. It is a proverbial den of vipers.

Alex

Nov 3, 2010

What a stupid thing to say. What do you expect when we come back in the last minute of normal time to win and take us back into the automatic promotion places. It was a huge goal.

Alex

Nov 3, 2010
One of the funniest chants I have ever heard at a football match - contradicting in that one hilarious sentence the idea of the chant in the first place. If they didn't care about us would they really sing about us?

I think most of their fans are probably more obsessed with us than we are with them. I don't mind Southampton as a club, even though they have a wally for a manager and a few of their fans have ideas above their station. Then again, all clubs have fans like that. Most Saints fans are confusing club rivalry with promotion rivalry in my opinion, although the hilarious atmosphere yesterday won't have done anything to relieve the tension!

What a load of bollocks. You know 100% that our rivalry with Pompey is much bigger than anything you'll ever experience, and to say that we're more obsessed than you are, then why have there been a large number of threads about us in the last few months, why did you change your pre-match music for us? Why was your PA being a tosser towards us, why did you change your programme cover towards us? Why did your manager make bitter and classless comments towards us afterwards? Why did your fans take the time to make banners about us?

Hmm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here