Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are going down

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The season of the Great Escape from relegation to League Two, Forster was injured. It was goals from Lloyd Owusu, Gary Hart & Calvin Andrews that kept us up.

It was Forster's goal on the last day which confirmed survival.

As good as Owusu and Hart were at the end of that season. Forster's goals the same season were priceless, we would have been relegated by march otherwise.

Last edited:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Yup. Back to back away draws without conceding a goal, and one of them at a ground we have NEVER won at.

Right now, I'm happy with that as I didn't expect any points from those 2 matches to be honest.
It seems that CH tells the team not to lose which means defend which is why there is not enough attacks in the games at the mo. If you attack there is more chance that we will score. If we defend there is more chance that they will not score. If we attacked more we might have won one game and drawn one etc, etc.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Surely it'll be paid back?

Bloom does have a family, I'm pretty sure his background roots will have him passing down his money.

If we take Blooms contribution to be £200m, let us say we were paying interest on it at a fairly lowly 5% that would be £10m per annum. How is club that losses £12m a year even going to think of paying the interest? Even if the rate were that low and even if we could pay it that wouldn't reduce the £200m he has put in by even one penny.

So please, please tell me how he has a hope of making money out of this.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
If we take Blooms contribution to be £200m, let us say we were paying interest on it at a fairly lowly 5% that would be £10m per annum. How is club that losses £12m a year even going to think of paying the interest? Even if the rate were that low and even if we could pay it that wouldn't reduce the £200m he has put in by even one penny.

So please, please tell me how he has a hope of making money out of this.

Selling players?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Unless and until Hyypia is sacked, we're going down. Dead cert.
And to play it safe, sack Burke, too.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Selling players?

What players? Even if you take the player trading profit of the last year (the lack of whichs reinvestment is rooting us to the foot of the table and so obviously isn't going to work for long) that might just balance the books for one year but it wouldn't contribute a penny towards interest payments and certainly no capital repayment.

Dec 29, 2011
First team 18 months ago. First team now. Sales from. Money reinvested.
Jesus, you write in bloody riddles don't you.
I'm done, believe what you want. All I see is a bloke put up a hell of a lot of money with little chance of getting it back (if he wants to) unless we play top flight football (and even then it would be a push) and you think he has been asset stripping ...
Your post is spot on. Some people are just clueless... or drunk. You can't 'asset strip' a team if the initial cost came from your pocket anyway.

It's my opinion that we will. Maybe I should put 'In my opinion' after every view to make it easier for you.

Also, "We might do" is absolutely not hysterical is it

Clearly it is too difficult for you to understand the difference between the two but never mind you keep on stating opinions as fact if it pleases you.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The CEO got £680,000 from this club which is flirting with relegation to division 3 - something is very wrong

For last season, where he oversaw a massive reduction in running costs, and we got to the play offs.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
For my sins I'm just watching an old episode of Dads Army. and in the immortal words of Corporal Jones ..
Don't Panic

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I'm with the positive posters on this thread - we are not done with yet and still have time to improve. The team needs us to get behind them not to criticise them.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We haven't been able to score goals for 3 bloody seasons. Even the Sahara isn't in drought for that long.

Boring and Hove Albion, the dullest team to watch and only £38 a ticket in the east stand lower by the corner flag. Great value.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here