Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are going down

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
While I don't think we will go down, the lack of goals is beginning to worry me. The fact we only ever seem to have one fit winger is really not helping.

Agreed. We used to have sicknote Buckley, Lua Lua and Noone -now we have Lua Lua and March both who are often injured

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I'm done, believe what you want. All I see is a bloke put up a hell of a lot of money with little chance of getting it back (if he wants to) unless we play top flight football (and even then it would be a push) and you think he has been asset stripping ...

Look. All I'm saying is I see a man spending money on buildingsand very little on the first team of the football club. And before you throw the academy down my throat tell me what is the point of building a state of the art academy if you aren't prepared to invest heavily enough in the first team to establish the club properly, unless you're not too bothered because someone might pay you handsomely for your buildings (at a profit) and leave it to them to pay for the football. Do we really think we have gone from a lge 1 team in an athletics track to being 'prem lge ready' in a matter months?! Of course we aren't.
Even Bournemouth fans admit they are 2 years ahead of schedule and that's with a 12k capacity yet solid investment in the FIRST TEAM SQUAD! They matched Grabbens demands. We wouldn't pay the extra £1k a week for a proven goal scorer at this level, something we are desperate for, yet the hotel is full steam ahead.
Christ!!!

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
How much do BHA fc pay back each year on Tony Blooms investment?

......to the company that actually OWNS the stadium. And the training ground. And the hotel in waiting. Etc. etc. etc.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Anyone who was at the game today could see the effort that went in and the determination to get a result. We had our chances and Sheffield Wednesday didn't make life easy for us. The pitch wasn't great which didn't help us. Some of the negativity on here is frankly amazing.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
wow. you really can dream...... good effort

Quite, we hardly trouble a 20k crowd at the moment, the reason, STHs are not bothering to come. It's fair to assume a number of them will not renew, we'll be lucky to get close to 20k unless we're top of the league or playing amPremier league team in a cup game.

We do have a good hardcore of fans, and we've done remarkably well on getting so many more people to buy season tickets over the past three seasons. I hope that some of them have become fans, but let's not worry about going Down just yet and we might keep a decent amount of them.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's still a loan. I remember Tony Bloom stating that the club will still have to pay it back.

You are the one making assertions that Bloom is asset stripping the club, you seem to be the only one that believes this so why don't you show us some proof the Club's (and TCSLs) accounts are readily available from Companies House.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
As said before. Without strikers, relegation seems a strong possibility.

The last time we were in this mess, we had Nicky Forster who was a very reliable goal score. We survived.

Now we are relying on our centre backs to score the goals. It's almost replica to the last time Brighton were relegated when Adam Virgo was our best striker.

I'm really not feeling confident about this season.

I think you will find that when we were last relegated that Adam Virgo was at Celtic and that we were relying on Kazim-Richards to score the goals to keep us up.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
We need a decent striker and quick, big mistake not signing a permanent one in January. we've got too many loan players who don't care if we go down or not as they will either return to parent club or go to another championship club next season

Just seems harsh on Best who has only started twice...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
How much do BHA FC pay back each year on Tony Blooms investment?

I'd be interested to know how long it will actually take to repay the investment.

It'll never be paid back. Only one club in the country actually makes money: Man Utd.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
And how much has the football side of this club lost every season since ...... the mid 80's, if not a lot earlier?
- How did that business model work out for the club in the 90's? And you want us to repeat that by throwing money at the team and fail to invest in the ground (crumbling Goldstone anyone?)

We lost our ground and almost went out of existance so we have a lot more to do to rebuild than most of the other professional clubs in this country and this has only truly started in the last 5 or so years with the building of the ground and all of the infrastructure the club will need for the next 50 years.

There is a long term plan for the club and there is only so much you can do in a short space of time and you have to realise that you can't do everything at once and there is plenty of time. Why the rush?

What's the long term plan?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Bloomed investing in bricks and mortar not football. Businessmen turn a profit. You won't find much profit in football. You will in real estate.

Hotel anyone....?

And how much has the football side of this club lost every season since ...... the mid 80's, if not a lot earlier?
- How did that business model work out for the club in the 90's? And you want us to repeat that by throwing money at the team and fail to invest in the ground (crumbling Goldstone anyone?)

We lost our ground and almost went out of existance so we have a lot more to do to rebuild than most of the other professional clubs in this country and this has only truly started in the last 5 or so years with the building of the ground and all of the infrastructure the club will need for the next 50 years.

There is a long term plan for the club and there is only so much you can do in a short space of time and you have to realise that you can't do everything at once and there is plenty of time. Why the rush?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As said before. Without strikers, relegation seems a strong possibility.

The last time we were in this mess, we had Nicky Forster who was a very reliable goal score. We survived.

Now we are relying on our centre backs to score the goals. It's almost replica to the last time Brighton were relegated when Adam Virgo was our best striker.

I'm really not feeling confident about this season.

The season of the Great Escape from relegation to League Two, Forster was injured. It was goals from Lloyd Owusu, Gary Hart & Calvin Andrews that kept us up.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
The CEO got £680,000 from this club which is flirting with relegation to division 3 - something is very wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here