Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are going down

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Do people not realise that we are 14th in the league over the last ten games? Keep that up and that sort of form does not get you relegated when you are already not on the relegation zone!

Jesus. That is Alaster Campbell spin doctoring, keep your eyes closed by all means but the crash is going to hurt regardless.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Still say that if we win at Millwall, we'll stay up.

6 points from Birmingham and Leeds would be most handy now.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Still say that if we win at Millwall, we'll stay up.

6 points from Birmingham and Leeds would be most handy now.

Minimum of 4 points from next two home games should be the target. Not convinced we'll get better than 2. We need KLL back to full speed and Tex to play like he did against Ipswich. As you say, Millwall is crucial.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It's going to take some rebuilding in the summer but i expect that to be for a championship squad. Doubt we will be challening next year

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Spineless. Happy to call people out but not prepared to deal with FACTS! Carry on![/QUOT

It is a shame you cannot differentiate between "calling people out" and a difference of opinion but perhaps that is the way you see the world.

I can differentiate between fact and opinion, Mr Dictionary Man. I can also differentiate between trying to make PPF look a mug and your condescending bollox.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not really. It corresponds to the time since Hyypia left (bar one game I think) and so it shows are form has improved. We should be ok. Does not mean it wont be closer than we all would like though.

Amen to that.

dandanthebrightonfan

Jan 29, 2012
BN14
shambolic management from the board,calamitous player recruitment,poor team performances no wonder we are relegation fodder,can we stay up? lets hope so, got to start winning at the amex :facepalm:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
There are people that will instantly shout doom merchant as soon as anyone gives an opinion that may seen as negative.

It's a forum for discussion.

Opinions will differ however the nick pick brigade and fully paid members of the pedant society hold firm.

I don't think there will be a stage of what's left this season that we will be well clear of the relegation pack.

I am not a weekly doom merchant of all things Albion but from what I have seen, and for the reasons given in my original post, I think we are going down. IN MY OPINION
(FFS) :(

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Gotta say I think it will go right down to the wire. Lots more drama to come folks. Not for the feint hearted

Duffy Debut

Banned
Feb 14, 2015
Remember this is just a bit of fun. We know Brentford can blow hot and cold. Say we swap the results of our 2-0 cup win and their 1-0 league win. That would mean Mr Hughton would have got us 11 points from his 7 games.

If you project that over 46 games that would have given us 71 points which was enough to get us into the play offs last season.

Too late for this season as we're more than half way through it but it just shows that's it not that outrageous to say we can still finish mid table. As I say. It's just a bit of fun.

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
There are people that will instantly shout doom merchant as soon as anyone gives an opinion that may seen as negative.

It's a forum for discussion.

Opinions will differ however the nick pick brigade and fully paid members of the pedant society hold firm.

I don't think there will be a stage of what's left this season that we will be well clear of the relegation pack.

I am not a weekly doom merchant of all things Albion but from what I have seen, and for the reasons given in my original post, I think we are going down. IN MY OPINION
(FFS) :(

We have got 5 points from 6 games and we haven’t scored in three of those. Under Sami we made the chances but our quality and errors failed us. The way we are going at the moment we will be lucky if we can win more than 3 games with the rest being equal balance of draws and losses. I think we are heading to a 46 point finish. Our last games are Watford and Boro who will be fighting for the playoffs if not automatic, and we have Wigan just before. Also I would never rule out Holloway firing the team up for an end of season fight, and when we play Millwall next month it will be a must win game.

If someone offered us a 51 point finish today (4 points every 3 games) I would bite their hand off.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Looking back to July, it seems as though the club truly believed that all we needed to make it to the Premier League was a Nike kit.

OK. I've been up since 02:00, had a crap day at work and am feeling a tad bitter.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Well the players will be cheaper and the club know they will get around 20,000 despite third tier football so its not a disaster for the club if we did, except it would be the same old under achieving Brighton, with absolutely zero chance of achieving anything

Quite the opposite!..

Half of the season tickets holders will renew, resulting in a massive blow to the upkeep of running a very expensive stadium, run by way too many overpaid suits!.
Player/Wage budget reduced accordingly resulting in even lower Quality Players!.

A quick bounce back to the Championship overnight?. I think not.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Unfortunately we needed some real investment in the squad in the transfer window. We were promised this AGAIN and again we have been let down. Two loan players and 300k on a midfielder. Not good enough. We need a right back, a decent hungry young striker, a winger just to make us competitive. I think Bloom is gambling that Hughton will keep us up and them maybe spend some money in the summer and let Hughton rebuild however I'm not sure we have the quality to stay up at the moment.

After selling our best 3/4 players last season we had to spend to rebuild.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here