Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are after Moses Odubajo from Orient.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Hilarious,....its like any owner of any business, you have invest, and continue to invest, else that business will fall behind its competitors and subsequently devalue over time.....clear now?

Why would anyone ever start a business if all you do is put more of your own money in?

Reinvest profits made, yes. Keep throwing money at it, no.

Is that 'clear now'?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Why would anyone ever start a business if all you do is put more of your own money in?

Is that 'clear now'?

Run a business and then come back and talk about investment. Profits are not a pre-req to further investment, they are a consequence of...

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Run a business and then come back and talk about investment. Profits are not a pre-req to further investment, they are a consequence of...

Funny that, as I do.

Profits are not a pre-requisite for further investment, but this was not your point. Further investment from outside the business is not a pre-requisite for profit.

I accept that football is an odd business, but my disagreement that' 'any business' needs to keep investing (other than from profits) stands. It is perfectly possible to start a business, then build it only by reinvesting profit year on year.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Is that 'clear now'?

"The only way to make a small fortune from owning a football club is to start with a large fortune." - John Madejski

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He is investing to ensure success, to maintain the clubs value in the market place, because to do otherwise is courting disaster.....it is his little hobby of course we all know that, but he will want that value to stay at a reasonable level to ensure he leaves a viable legacy behind when he moves on.

Bloom has various expenditures. Some are investments, where he expects to get a return. For instance, when he goes gambling, he's putting down an initial outlay because in the long run, he expects to make money. Others are because he's more emotionally attached, which is the case with B&HA. Your comments suggest that you think he's putting money into this club, because he's taken some hard-headed business decision that not only will he make a return, but one where he could maximise the returns on his investment.
I don't. And I don't think most people who post on this board think so either. Why do you?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Yes it was....

Other than profits being a consequence of further investment? And that 'any business' has to invest and continue to invest (other than from profits) or their business will fall behind competitors and devalue?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Makes me laugh that people think we offer less money than some other clubs, yet certain players still sign for us. We must have a squad of idiots if this was true. Which of course it isn't. Everyone is judged on their individual situation, in some cases the player signs for what we deem him worth and in some cases they won't....The money is there, i'm not concerned about that. I would be more concerned who decides which players are worth x,y and z and which players aren't.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Makes me laugh that people think we offer less money than some other clubs, yet certain players still sign for us. We must have a squad of idiots if this was true. Which of course it isn't. Everyone is judged on their individual situation, in some cases the player signs for what we deem him worth and in some cases they won't....The money is there, i'm not concerned about that. I would be more concerned who decides which players are worth x,y and z and which players aren't.

fair points imho mister kev

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Solid player, hope we get less names in but that extra bit of class. Let the young guys get more rotation time. Him and the Icelandic fella would be great!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here