Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are after Moses Odubajo from Orient.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
2mil for a league 1 player. I highly doubt we'd pay that for a prem player. Besides Dictator FFP dictates we buy only the cheapest of the cheap on a piss poor wage. Sorry but I'm somewhat annoyed about how things are within the club. Selling and letting players In left right and center and not getting replacements in. Sounds like we are In trouble. maybe Tony's made a gamble on the cards and lost bigtime. Only way to pay back what he owes is to downgrade and to sell. All pure speculation.
Cheer up mate, it's not all that bad! In what way are we in trouble? As far as I can see, everything is going right at the club. Competitive in the Championship; fantastic ground and training ground; exciting new manager, etc. etc. When have we ever signed players this early in the summer?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm getting all this SHIT as you call it from club Historics. We've always been a team with a small budget who have always paid small wages. As for replacement's. Barnes and Bridcutt spring to mind and ahem, I know it was a few years back now but MURRAY. And why did we lose him. WAGES. Before you go on about Vicente or PIGS wages. I don't think they was on the high wages like some claim on here.

Unfortunately you've demonstrated on this thread that your thoughts don't amount to much, so I shall ignore them. It must also be noticed that you are developing a fondness for CAPITAL LETTERS.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hilarious,....its like any owner of any business, you have invest, and continue to invest, else that business will fall behind its competitors and subsequently devalue over time.....clear now?

What, you mean like he has been to the tune of tens of millions every year for the past 15 years?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'll be the one laughing when the FA just give these clubs a slap on the wrists.
Why will you be laughing? Do you support a different team or something?
They won't be punished. Just some people are too blind to see that.
Just about every post on the subject I've seen here says that they doubt anyone will be punished much for ignoring FFP. Perhaps you're blind. But just because they're spending more than the FFP limit doesn't mean TB wants to throw that much money away.

Hilarious,....its like any owner of any business, you have invest, and continue to invest, else that business will fall behind its competitors and subsequently devalue over time.....clear now?
Are you for real? It's not at all like an owner of any business. It's not an investment for TB, as he won't be getting the money back. Other business are built up to run at a profit. And the most successful ones re-invest a lot of their profits. Ones that lose money, yet pour further money into the business, despite no long term profits forecast, go bust.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I'll be the one laughing when the FA just give these clubs a slap on the wrists. They won't be punished. Just some people are too blind to see that.

Exactly, they already shifted the goalposts by saying any fines no longer go to those teams who comply, it goes to charity.....I know no teams from last seasons championship will get any penalties, if they were going to I think we would have started to hear by now.

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Why will you be laughing? Do you support a different team or something?
Just about every post on the subject I've seen here says that they doubt anyone will be punished much for ignoring FFP. Perhaps you're blind. But just because they're spending more than the FFP limit doesn't mean TB wants to throw that much money away.

Are you for real? It's not at all like an owner of any business. It's not an investment for TB, as he won't be getting the money back. Other business are built up to run at a profit. And the most successful ones re-invest a lot of their profits. Ones that lose money, yet pour further money into the business, despite no long term profits forecast, go bust.

Don't support a different team but I will be laughing for the simple fact that I was right.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
What, you mean like he has been to the tune of tens of millions every year for the past 15 years?

Yes, that's my point, [MENTION=342]cardboard[/MENTION] was asking why he should continue.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
@L2MidgetGemB.H.ASeagull [MENTION=468]somerset[/MENTION] - so why don't you go and find someone to throw hundreds more millions of pounds at the club. We could do a pompey, that would be fun. Chuck stupid amounts at journeyman players and then the money men will leave for new projects and we are stuck unable to find wages and flouting FFP - Brilliant, brilliant logic

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Yes it us, at some point in the future he will offload his shares, he absolutely wants those shares to have a value, so as a result he continues to maintain the value of the team, the club and the stadium....

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
@L2MidgetGemB.H.ASeagull [MENTION=468]somerset[/MENTION] - so why don't you go and find someone to throw hundreds more millions of pounds at the club. We could do a pompey, that would be fun. Chuck stupid amounts at journeyman players and then the money men will leave for new projects and we are stuck unable to find wages and flouting FFP - Brilliant, brilliant logic

But we're not are we? We are being the nice guys. and you know where nice guys finish don't you.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
The club has to be run as a business, thats always been the aim, we will remain competitive, i have no doubt. We have had to reign things in since Poyet, he had carte blanche until the last 6 months, then FFP became a reality.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
@L2MidgetGemB.H.ASeagull [MENTION=468]somerset[/MENTION] - so why don't you go and find someone to throw hundreds more millions of pounds at the club.

FFP doesn't allow it.........not sure what you are trying to say...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't support a different team but I will be laughing for the simple fact that I was right.
You seem to be missing the point that most people agree with you about FFP - most think it's a joke, and that teams breaking the rules will largely get away with it.

Yes it us, at some point in the future he will offload his shares, he absolutely wants those shares to have a value, so as a result he continues to maintain the value of the team, the club and the stadium....
No, that's not what he's doing at all. He is not spending money our club to give his shares value, because they will never be worth what he's put in. He's doing it because he can afford it, and he was his club to have a ground and be able to play decent football in the top division.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You seem to be missing the point that most people agree with you about FFP - most think it's a joke, and that teams breaking the rules will largely get away with it.

No, that's not what he's doing at all. He is not spending money our club to give his shares value, because they will never be worth what he's put in. He's doing it because he can afford it, and he was his club to have a ground and be able to play decent football in the top division.

He is investing to ensure success, to maintain the clubs value in the market place, because to do otherwise is courting disaster.....it is his little hobby of course we all know that, but he will want that value to stay at a reasonable level to ensure he leaves a viable legacy behind when he moves on.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I get the FFP thing but if the aim is PL were not going to get there signing shite players. Apart from Ward, Conway, Stephens and maybe Jesse L the rest were useless and a waste of money.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He is investing to ensure success, to maintain the clubs value in the market place, because to do otherwise is courting disaster
Yes, no, no. Yes he wants the club to be successful (relatively speaking). The alternative would not be to court disaster, it would be to play at a lower level and break even, instead of losing millions every year. And at a lower level, we would hold our value, without TB having to throw more money in every year. His decisions are clearly ones of someone who is willing to lose a bit of money to give the club a chance of success, while at the same time running the club sensibly so that it doesn't go completely pear shaped.

.....it is his little hobby of course we all know that, but he will want that value to stay at a reasonable level to ensure he leaves a viable legacy behind when he moves on.
Of course. And for that reason he wants the club to be well run. But that is not the reason he's willing to lose millions every year.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
His decisions are clearly ones of someone who is willing to lose a bit of money to give the club a chance of success,.......

'Prepared' to lose a bit, not a position he chooses, he is certainly prepared to lose a bit, but he would prefer not to......

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
'Prepared' to lose a bit, not a position he chooses, he is certainly prepared to lose a bit, but he would prefer not to......
Which is why I said 'willing to', not 'happy to'. No doubt he'd prefer it if we could be successful without these losses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here