Ways to cut costs at the Amex.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That ties up with a thought I've had recently. Well two thoughts really...

i) The WSU seems too cheap. It was the most in demand section of the ground in the initial sale, and it's far cheaper than the ESU.

ii) Why isn't the front of the WSU more expensive than the back of the WSU? I'm lucky enough to be front row and my view has to be better than the back row, surely. I'm also only a few feet above the premium 'best in the house' seats in the WSM.

(I've got no reason to believe that anything will happen with prices relating to these points but, again, it's something I'd probably look at.)

Can you imagine the chaos that would cause? or do you just expect everyone to stump up for the increases?

Personally, I think a lot of people, like me, chose WSU because it was cheaper.

I think significant price rises in WSU would see a lot of people giving up on their STs altogether.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'd rather pay less money to watch cheaper players, than be forced into the spiraling costs of chasing premier league football.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

i) The WSU seems too cheap. It was the most in demand section of the ground in the initial sale, and it's far cheaper than the ESU.

ii) Why isn't the front of the WSU more expensive than the back of the WSU? I'm lucky enough to be front row and my view has to be better than the back row, surely. I'm also only a few feet above the premium 'best in the house' seats in the WSM.

(I've got no reason to believe that anything will happen with prices relating to these points but, again, it's something I'd probably look at.)

Front few rows of the ESU are comparable to WSM but with the sun in your eyes.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
How would the train company possibly check each persons ticket? It would be chaos at falter station.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why should everyone have to pay to travel, not like you have to pay at other grounds

It's a model which works very successfully in mainland Europe though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Given 1901 was vastly over-subscribed when it was initially launched there's a strong case for saying these seats are too cheap as well. I think there will be a significant hike when the 5 year terms end.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Given 1901 was vastly over-subscribed when it was initially launched there's a strong case for saying these seats are too cheap as well. I think there will be a significant hike when the 5 year terms end.

Lets hope there are plenty of firms willing to take up the vast swathes of empty seats if they put a massive hike onto the already huge match day cost and drive the ordinary supporters out of the 1901.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The obsession with stewards is ridiculous.

If they are paid £10 an hour, work a six hour shift, and are employed 30 times a year, then if we got rid of 50 of them it would save £90,000.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The obsession with stewards is ridiculous.

If they are paid £10 an hour, work a six hour shift, and are employed 30 times a year, then if we got rid of 50 of them it would save £90,000.

This is an obvious saving, these guys are ruining the football experience, although I suspect the numbers are dictated by some health and safety algorithm that is only understood by a 60 year old shaven headed former security guard, but only whilst wearing a mark 4 hi-vis jacket.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think significant price rises in WSU would see a lot of people giving up on their STs altogether.
This is correct sadly, we would end up looking like clubs such as Bolton and Huddersfield where the top tiers are half empty.... not a good look at all, and it will be terrible for the atmosphere.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Every club in the league has a top scorer,it does not mean they are any good

What does it mean thou ??

Maybe there the only player between us getting 3 points or 1 or the difference between 0 points and 1 .......

Maybe their not the best player but on what planet is the clubs top goal scorer not important ? HELLO!!!!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
1901 new entrants to pay for cup games, and from 2016 existing 1901ers to do the same.

Why are groups of chatting stewards at the park n ride outposts, rather than one or too max?

Fewer stewards / security patrolling the grounds on non match days.

Shop and ticket counter over staffed on non match days.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Great that there are some sensible suggestions here, but doesn't anyone else find it staggering that we can't turn a profit from 25k+ attendances and the highest average spend per fan (on drinks/pies/etc) in the league. How much more is the average Brighton fan able to give? What the hell are the marketing department up to? And how on earth do the less well supported clubs keep going?

Madness.

great that there are some sensible suggestions here, but doesn't anyone else find it staggering that we can't turn a profit from 25k+ attendances and the highest average spend per fan (on drinks/pies/etc) in the league. How much more is the average brighton fan able to give? What the hell are the marketing department up to? And how on earth do the less well supported clubs keep going?

Madness.

i did warn but listened???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports