Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ways to cut costs at the Amex.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
How about turning the lights off now and again? Travelling from Lewes to Brighton as I do most days, you can see the glow from miles away. Does the whole thing need to be as bright as the Sun as often as it is? Must cost a small fortune.

I understand ur point but there are no light switches at the amex,the lights are all motion sensitive which means that there are alot of people working all hours up there.They switch of 30 secs after the room is left empty.

STOP BUYING TV'S:mad:

Attachments

• DSCF7120.JPG
    DSCF7120.JPG
    414.4 KB · Views: 93

Where possible don't post ticket's arrange for collection only save on postage and stationery.

I do agree with a previous comment to improve on current staff on the catering and make them more efficient and quicker.

Last, totally agree that there are far too many stewards standing round doing nothing on the travel front. I presume that there is a set number of stewards per car, bus, train and spectator.

Tickets - for us bad fans who don't have ST's why cant we print tickets via e-mail - I can do this for events at the Assembly Hall in TW, including scannable bar code. Or encourage more of us casuals to have smart cards - I thought that was the original plan for all to have them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The over employment comments on here, hit the nail on the head.

Groupings of stewards chatting as obscure locations, and a small army working on site every day ..... Even if on minimum wage, amounts to a great deal over a year.

Add the lost income from heaving and slow catering concourses, causing many to simply not bother.

Barber joined too late. Hopefully he will address these.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
London underground seem to mange rather well at peak times 6-30 - 9am and then it's sardine time, arses rubbing each others. Safety yes but stewards go f***ing over board at Brighton, trains leave half empty.

Thats because they all have tickets going through several barriers, either touch the reader or put a ticket in, a matter of seconds. Checking tickets 1 by 1, 1 at a time, will take forever.

RE transport costs - how much is the current levy, dont actually remember.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Thats because they all have tickets going through several barriers, either touch the reader or put a ticket in, a matter of seconds. Checking tickets 1 by 1, 1 at a time, will take forever.

RE transport costs - how much is the current levy, dont actually remember.

Thirty pounds, I believe.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
When we park in Bennetts field, gotta be at least 20 stewards alone about 5ft away from each other, pointing in the same direction

Given that the costs for ALL of our stewards on a matchday are the same as the wages for ONE player for a couple of weeks, I don't think it'll help a lot.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
So it would be another £3 a month onto STs - that i can live with. Further increases could take it over £40 a month (for the cheapest ticket) - thats Premier League pricing !!

Is it? £40 a game would be what I consider Premier League pricing.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Stop the travel tickets being included and make sure the revenue is collected by the companies themselves

This

I have never understood why we do this.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Given that the costs for ALL of our stewards on a matchday are the same as the wages for ONE player for a couple of weeks, I don't think it'll help a lot.

Reducing the number of stewards by 50% will save the club money even if it isn't a massive amount and those who remain will actually earn their wages.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Maybe Paul Barber could look into this if he didn't have to waste half his day answering trivial emails from the likes of BG :facepalm:

Out of interest then why do the club charge us £30 in our season tickets for travel via Trains and buses? Honest answers please.
(i) To generate some income. I'm certain it doesn't raise enough cash to cover the charges made by the operators to put extra buses and trains out on the day (or pay for the staff and stewarding costs involved).

(ii) To ensure that match tickets are paid for in advance and discourage any suggestions that people should be able to turn up and pay on the gate.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Increase the "travel voucher" element to £60 to make a break even figure on transport costs.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
At the Allianz Arena there was no cash. If you wanted to buy something you had to use a card which worked like our season tickets. If you didn't have a card then you had to buy a pre-loaded one from a machine IN MULTIPLES OF 5 EUROS. Of course, a pint was 4 Euros so every card we bought made a Euro for the stadium. They were re-topupable but again in multiples of 5 so you could never quite spend it all.

It's a great way to con a bit of extra money out of away fans!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
London underground seem to mange rather well at peak times 6-30 - 9am and then it's sardine time, arses rubbing each others. Safety yes but stewards go f***ing over board at Brighton, trains leave half empty.

Often wondered that. We seem to manage in London. Clapham Junction is mental in the mornings.

The only time you see the level of stewarding is when there is a tube strike. Even then the people moving through is thousands more than you would ever get at the Amex.

Possibly people outside of London aren't used to it.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
When they're selecting stewards to let go hopefully they consider customer service and people skills i.e. don't give the job to hebberd.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
At the Allianz Arena there was no cash. If you wanted to buy something you had to use a card which worked like our season tickets. If you didn't have a card then you had to buy a pre-loaded one from a machine IN MULTIPLES OF 5 EUROS. Of course, a pint was 4 Euros so every card we bought made a Euro for the stadium. They were re-topupable but again in multiples of 5 so you could never quite spend it all.

It's a great way to con a bit of extra money out of away fans!

Buy £20, buy 5 pints?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here