Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Rooney what a twat

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yet he hardly does it anymore when playing for United? Absolute cock.

He never looks particularly happy playing for England, but then at MU he has had Nani, Giggs, Ronaldo, Valencia, Scholes, Berbatov, Tevez, playing around him in a very successful exciting team. The same can hardly be said for the England. I'm not excusing his actions, but can understand why his frustrations bubble over for England more than they do at MU.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
He seems to have been around for a long time...and a number of Final Tounaments. Yet, I struggle to remember any significant contribution he has made in any of the Final Tournaments.

Think we would be better off with out him...and his volatile temperament.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He seems to have been around for a long time...and a number of Final Tounaments. Yet, I struggle to remember any significant contribution he has made in any of the Final Tournaments.

Think we would be better off with out him...and his volatile temperament.

Someone made a convincing case about Rooney failing to deliver at the business end of tournaments and games during the analysis of the SA debacle. Last night was possibly another example of him not actually being able to make that final step. A truly world class player would have revelled in the opportunity to cement qualification against a nation like Montenegro. True champions seize such moments. Rooney chokes.

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
When will we learn from the Rugby and Cricket teams and start picking foreigners with the most tenuous link to England? It's the only way the cricket team win by having a non English mentality

farawaysaint

Oct 1, 2011
When will we learn from the Rugby and Cricket teams and start picking foreigners with the most tenuous link to England? It's the only way the cricket team win by having a non English mentality

Hahaha you could be like the French team that won the world cup? All African nationals from the old french colonies in the starting 11 bar 1 player who was actually from France. Hell even Zidane's family was Algerian. To be fair, I think that sort of glosses over the problem rather than solving it.

Last edited:

Albion Rob

What's done is done. Crazy thing to do but there you go.

Looking ahead, not much point taking him to Euro 2012 - assuming he's banned for three games then if we don't get through to the quarters then he's not going to play and if we do get through to the quarters presumably it will be off the back of either three wins, two wins and a draw or two wins and a loss - either way it would be stupid to find a side that can get us through what will inevitably be a tough group (no easy rides at the Euros since Scotland lost the knack of mqualifying) and then go changing things up for the last eight.

It might also force some of the other players to step up in tournaments. Far too easy just to look to him to carry us through Maradona-style (which is an odd mentality given he hasn't done anything relevant and positive at a tournament since his goals v Croatia in Euro 2004) and just give it to him and expect him to do something with it. My big hope now is that Capello actually gets a sense of what he wants his starting 11 to be and just goes with them come hell or high water - tell Bent/Welbeck/Zamora or whoever that they're his main striker and let them feel confident that not scoring ain a friendly won't see them dropped. I seem to recall Shearer firing blanks for about 10 internationals pre Euro 96 then knocking in four or five goals in the tournament (not that we have anyone of his ability).

Might be some good expectation management too: "Ok guys, we're going to blood a lot of youngsters in this tournament - Smalling, Jones, Wilshere, Rodwell, Johnson, Welbeck - and see how we get on. Might bomb in the group or might spring a surprise but our eyes are peering towards the 2014 World Cup rather than just trying the same old stuff and waiting until players are too old and replacing them with 28 year olds with no tournament experience."

Still not a bad side - Hart, Richards, Jones, Smalling, Cole (A), Wilshere, Barry/Parker/Gerrard, Rodwell, Walcott, Young, Zamora/Bent/Welbeck. Would struggle against the best but if they hit form then could make a good fist of the quarter finals and who knows from there?

As for Rooney, I think a 11 month lay off from international football looks like the most sensible thing.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Yeah, must be terrible being paid £200k per week to kick a ball around when otherwise you would probably work on a building site. If you behave like a twat it should come as no surprise to be called one.

You cant blame him for what he earns. And whats wrong with working on a Building site. The pressure of being a footballer today is immense how many people watched that game last night 10,20 maybe 30 million people I would defy anyone not to lose there head from time to time.

Im not really a Rooney fan but to call him a Twat with no chance of a response seems a bit unfair to me. Maybe im being Naive

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Im not really a Rooney fan but to call him a Twat with no chance of a response seems a bit unfair to me. Maybe im being Naive

Given his regular on and off the pitch escapades, twat is fair.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Someone made a convincing case about Rooney failing to deliver at the business end of tournaments and games during the analysis of the SA debacle. Last night was possibly another example of him not actually being able to make that final step. A truly world class player would have revelled in the opportunity to cement qualification against a nation like Montenegro. True champions seize such moments. Rooney chokes.

I think it's teh English mentality to choke. We need to look and Learn from the Germans

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Only writing this to get it back at the top, the more slateing that prick gets the better.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Also, his kids will look back at his career one day. Would you be proud of your Dad...................mind you I think his kids will grow up to be bookmakers like their Grandad.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Exacttly - what has he ever done for England ?
Northern scouser twat - eh eh
Zippo just winge and moan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here