Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Rooney what a twat

D

Deleted member 18477

During the game this evening I was trying to think how many England players are truly World class...the first I thought of was Ashley Cole...couldn't think of a second!

Jack Wilshere is on another planet technically to Barry, Lampard n co.

Rooney and gerrard are world class or at least have been at somepoint.

Rio Ferdinand injury free is one of the best in the world - although a little old now.

I still struggle to see what capello sees in a lot of our players.

My team for the finals would be:
Hart
Richards/Smalling, Jones, Ferdinand, A. Cole
Parker, Wilshere
A.Johnson, Rooney, A.Young
Sturridge

Would that team win it for us? Don't be silly Spain,Germany & Holland are incredible but it's more dangerous than playing Terry, Barry, Milner, downing, Walcott! All of which are far too predictable in their play and not hungry enough anymore.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Yes Rooney was/is a twat but I don't think that was a red card offence.at worst it was petulant,no worse than pulling a shirt of a player that had just beaten you.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
England are shit, Rooney is just a scalley, Capello is just an embarrassment and they never fail to disappoint. I went to 2002 and 2006 world cups, spent a fortune, had a great time.... But not at the football. England are just shite.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There is a side of his game that he doesn't seem able to suppress for long...that was it!

Wasn't Beckham like that as a youngster? Sorry may have been asked, not trawling through 8 billion pages.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
My personal view of tonight was one of embarrassment at 90 minutes. If this was Italy, Germany, Spain, Holland, France... we would have got seriously spanked. Losing a 2-0 lead to Montenegro (if I have spelt it right) is like Brighton losing a lead to Lewes, total shyte.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Without a doubt lost their way after 40 mins.

I cling on to the fact that Spain used to be the biggest under achievers in football & now look at them.sooner or later something had to click.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is terry stupid how didn't that cost us. We were winning ffs 2-1 he got red card we didn't win. It cost us prat.

seagulls

I think what Terry meant was that even with 10 men, England should be able to hold a lead against montenegro and our failure to do so is from a deeper problem with the performance than one player, even if that player is Rooney, being sent off.

I would agree with that. They got back into the game when we had 11 players on the pitch. They were making a good go of it before rooney went for an early shower. Their equaliser didn't come about because Rooney wasn't there or because we were outnumbered, it came about by their sheer persistence and our inability to do anything in the second half to get control of the game.

Yes Rooney was/is a twat but I don't think that was a red card offence.at worst it was petulant,no worse than pulling a shirt of a player that had just beaten you.

:fishing: or am I missing the sarcasm?

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's interesting if you look at the Spain, Holland and Germany's qualifications. They have won all their games with an average of 3-4 goals a game. No limping over the line for them, no labouring against countries the size of Bognor for the big guns. England have a long long way to go.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Would you take Rooeny to the finals if he had a 3 game ban? Hardly worth it, we get knocked out in the 4th game.

I wouldn't take him regardless of any ban. He always under performs at finals for England and never appears to really care about wearing the England shirt. Give the place to someone who really wants it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Are you serious? He kicked the man twice with no intention of going for the ball!

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Already ballsing up next years Euros before we even know who we're playing.
Oh well there's always 2014. 46 years of hurt!

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I would'nt take Rooney to the finals full stop, I honestly reckon we are better without him. Not fit to wear one lion let alone 3 and he has bought disgrace on his club as well. Fergie should also take some action as an example. But that wont happen because every one thinks english football cant do without him. Stick him the stocks with Teves and they can B*M eachother.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Some people on this forum are full of S**T. Rooney is a "TWAT" are you having a laugh he carries around the pressure of the manc fans and his country week in week out, his old man has just been arrested as well.

It was a petulant kick but to call someone a twat on a forum is a joke. I bet you would not dare to call him that if he was standing 5 yards away in the street.

Football forums are great tools but some fans use them for any old rubbish these days.

SORT IT OUT and think before you post ridiculous statements.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Some people on this forum are full of S**T. Rooney is a "TWAT" are you having a laugh he carries around the pressure of the manc fans and his country week in week out, his old man has just been arrested as well.

It was a petulant kick but to call someone a twat on a forum is a joke. I bet you would not dare to call him that if he was standing 5 yards away in the street.

Football forums are great tools but some fans use them for any old rubbish these days.

Yeah, must be terrible being paid £200k per week to kick a ball around when otherwise you would probably work on a building site. If you behave like a twat it should come as no surprise to be called one.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here