Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just seen a tweet (no idea how true it is) that in the first 12 minutes, Watford completed 2 passes. :D

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just in. Very un-Brighton from the away end, calmly despatching a lower-table team trying to defend in numbers. Great support (home support shockingly bad too), some excellent performances - Veltman and Lallana stood out for me in particular. Happy Saturday everyone :D

I had Radio Sussex on then BT Sport … from the off the Albion fans (how’s your throat?) were incredible. Sounded like 10,000!

BT Sport described Lallana as “entirely running the game without breaking out in a sweat”.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I was getting a bit twitchy when 1-0 up and they hit the bar. Screaming for Bissouma to come on , and he did, and he changed the game completely back in our favour. :albion2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I had Radio Sussex on then BT Sport … from the off the Albion fans (how’s your throat?) were incredible. Sounded like 10,000!

BT Sport described Lallana as “entirely running the game without breaking out in a sweat”.

Had to buy a drink before we left for home :lolol::lolol: Pretty good support all game from us

Lallana is so key to everything we do - such an intelligent and technically gifted player. Potter got it spot on today as well IMO……plenty of rest for those needing it (Biss, Ali Mac, Alzate and Tross at least with the Man U game coming up) and brought Biss and Ali Mac on at exactly the right time. Snuffed out any thoughts Watford might have had about gaining any kind of foothold.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Amongst the Watford faithful ....

I sat in the family stand next to the fabulous Albion fans who sang their hearts out today, from start to finish.
It's a different view to experience when not sat with one's own fans, you get a different aspect, still great though.
I had to keep myself quiet when our goals went in, especially Adam Websters, as it was very difficult.
I nearly gave it away, by foot tapping to GOSBTS, but I think I got away with it.
After the second goal went in, Watford fans started leaving, so I made my exit in disguise, as had to be at work at 6pm.

That was the best 15 minute journey home, with a big fvcking grin on my face :D

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Had to buy a drink before we left for home :lolol::lolol: Pretty good support all game from us

Lallana is so key to everything we do - such an intelligent and technically gifted player. Potter got it spot on today as well IMO……plenty of rest for those needing it (Biss, Ali Mac, Alzate and Tross at least with the Man U game coming up) and brought Biss and Ali Mac on at exactly the right time. Snuffed out any thoughts Watford might have had about gaining any kind of foothold.

Thought the support was excellent.

Thought Lallana was MoM

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

A difference between CL level players and the rest, especially the creative players, imho is that they do everything with their face to goal. It simply speeds up attacks.

Seldom swiveling to then pass back, allowing the opposition to get in shape.

Lallana is forward thinking and doing, in a blink of the eye.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Just seen a tweet (no idea how true it is) that in the first 12 minutes, Watford completed 2 passes. :D
I've just seen this posted on the Watford fans forum match day thread. Talk about clueless:

"As an aside although Brighton deserved their win no doubt they are just the Burnley of the south .
A functional 4-4-2 , get the full backs high, work hard , discipline, shape, bog standard pragmatic basics".

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I've just seen this posted on the Watford fans forum match day thread. Talk about clueless:

"As an aside although Brighton deserved their win no doubt they are just the Burnley of the south .
A functional 4-4-2 , get the full backs high, work hard , discipline, shape, bog standard pragmatic basics".

Wow!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Watford are doomed, totally clueless

Still doesn't detract from a very confident performance by us

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Albion fans noise from start to finish - absolutely fantastic support today - take a bow :clap2:

Lamptey song - Here we gooooo Jeremy Sarmiento - and Ali Ali Ali Ali Ali Mac Allister songs superb and taken off - Moder song unreal too :thumbsup:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
We were good today. Watford were very very poor. For a side in their position, their fans must have been disappointed that they didn’t put up much of a fight. They played like a team that was already relegated. There’s been no danger of us being relegated for a long time - we’re simply too good to go down and it would take several teams below us to make a fantastic recovery ( and us to lose every game) for us to be relegated - it simply won’t happen. I can’t remember the last time I felt so relaxed about the outcome of the season - enjoy!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

WTF do they know .....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here