[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I've just seen this posted on the Watford fans forum match day thread. Talk about clueless:

"As an aside although Brighton deserved their win no doubt they are just the Burnley of the south .
A functional 4-4-2 , get the full backs high, work hard , discipline, shape, bog standard pragmatic basics".

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

4-4-2 can’t remember the last time we played this formation :lolol: bless them.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Watford look doomed, hopefully they’ll bounce back, I’ve always found them a decent bunch of fans.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I've just seen this posted on the Watford fans forum match day thread. Talk about clueless:

"As an aside although Brighton deserved their win no doubt they are just the Burnley of the south .
A functional 4-4-2 , get the full backs high, work hard , discipline, shape, bog standard pragmatic basics".

I will happily acknowledge that I know **** all about football... But I ain't that thick.

Edit... Lallana and Moder....:whistle::bowdown::albion2:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Cantor and Aspinall in the early stages commented that Hodgson/Lewington were perplexed in a long discussion trying to fathom out our formation.

Potter strikes again :lolol:

Sounds a bit more sophisticated than Burnley’s 442.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Joe Cole loves us.

Sitting on the BT Sport sofa today. Singing the praises of literally all things Albion, then he described the subs of Bissouma and MacAlister as “Bringing on two world class players in my opinion”.

The whole BT studio team were excellent, over the 90 minutes they covered us in detail with no made-up waffle.
Jules breach on bt sport massive Brighton fan

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
More regulars…..

The way i see it is that the fewer fans we take to an away game the " regulars " are less diluted and closer together thus more united in volume and coherence . I am quite sure that most of the fans who were there today were at spuds but because they were spread widely they couldn't " get it together "
As an example the biss song at spuds seemed to be being sung by four separate groups who all started at different times ! thus almost incomprehensible .
I absolutely love it when the away support sing in unison such as ring of fire at fulham or the maupay song at stains but it is incredibly difficult to achieve when many more people are involved .

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The way i see it is that the fewer fans we take to an away game the " regulars " are less diluted and closer together thus more united in volume and coherence . I am quite sure that most of the fans who were there today were at spuds but because they were spread widely they couldn't " get it together "
As an example the biss song at spuds seemed to be being sung by four separate groups who all started at different times ! thus almost incomprehensible .
I absolutely love it when the away support sing in unison such as ring of fire at fulham or the maupay song at stains but it is incredibly difficult to achieve when many more people are involved .

Possibly, but there seemed an awful lot of pillocks at Spurs.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

That person cant have been watching the game as we quite clearly werent playing 442, considering we had 3 centre backs on the pitch and 2 wing backs.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Jules breach on bt sport massive Brighton fan

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

She’s lovely.

700CB5FC-1F34-423F-BA98-8ABA2BC0C5FD.png

Graham looked happy that day, wandering arm and all.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Jimmy Grimble

That person cant have been watching the game as we quite clearly werent playing 442, considering we had 3 centre backs on the pitch and 2 wing backs.

True.

Also true is that this team doesn’t go out onto the pitch with a set formation to stick with. Everything is fluid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports