Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Day Thread ***

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
11 points from 11 games. 35 games to go. Looking at approx. 73-75 points for a play off spot. An average of 1.8(ish) points per game.

A couple of home games coming up. Lets get some much needed wins on the board :albion2:

P.s Chris Wood was an unused substitute for Leicester again today.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Some thoughts on the way home: Tex was the best payer on the pitch today. Dunc was at fault for the first goal. Worrying reliance on hit and hope, which their keeper didn't have too much trouble dealing with. Referee had strange reluctance to play advantage. Watford's new stand looks basic. Kaz needs to start. Again. And the need for a striker is almost laughable. Bruno was composed. Liked seeing ince back. Stockdale average, easy shot to save in the second half.
I don't want to disagree with your viewpoint but just how in your opinion was Lewis at fault for their goal as having watched live on a stream and seeing the goal numerous times i cannot see where the fault came unless you think Lewis is of African descent?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
You're gonna have to explain how Dunk was at fault for their goal. Baffling. Not sure Tex was anywhere close to being the best player on the pitch either.
It was dunc's needless ball over to Bruno, who was already under some pressure, that allowed them to press and eventually win the free kick.

Tex I thought caused them problems all afternoon. Far too skilful for them.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I envy many of you your short journey home from the Amex. 5.45pm today and I was in my favourite Camden pub, drinking the alcohol that Watford FC denied me.

Joyous, joyously short journey home. :laugh:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Back from the game. Again I thought we played well and unlucky to come away with just a point. Against a team that is in the top two there was not much between the teams, I think we slightly edged it at the end. I really don't think we are far from a very very good side. Anyway I enjoyed it today, fans were great even when we went behind.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Just back. Played pretty well, Tex has reduced his effectiveness recently, Bruno looked less threatening ( we were the away team) but most importantly we shall go nowhere until the striker problem is solved. No pigeon-toes marathon runner today but COG totally out of his depth.
Needs sorting.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Bruno was at fault for the goal. A terrible loss of possession in defence and then conceded the free kick to try and prevent their account.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Just back. Played pretty well, Tex has reduced his effectiveness recently, Bruno looked less threatening ( we were the away team) but most importantly we shall go nowhere until the striker problem is solved. No pigeon-toes marathon runner today but COG totally out of his depth.
Needs sorting.

I thought we pretty well bossed it. Limited them to little more than counter attacking football.

Tex far too selfish and often missed the obvious pass ... needs to get over his Bolton cameo?
Colunga totally ineffective
Stockdale needs to stop trying to play the fancy ball, one particularly daft chipped effort that didn't come off
Contrary to many I think COG plays a very good hold up game but needs more confidence in front of goal ... still think he might come good
Dunk and Greer pretty well faultless
Why oh why doesn't O'Court get a bit more game time? Crying out for the creativity he brings, nearly nearly created and finished what would have been a wonder goal

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We've played Cardiff, Notts. Forest and Watford recently. Three teams that were expected to do well this year, and to be honest I didn't see anything to frighten us. Our goal scoring remains a problem, but once that is sorted out I can see a steady climb up the table. We seem to have learnt how to defend now using Hyypia's system, the big gaps behind the fullbacks have been closed off, the next step is to get the midfielders up in support of our front man. I'm certain that it won't be long before we're turning these one point games into three pointers.

:bhasign:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Decent point but those two balls across the penalty area from Lua Lua late on were gut-wrenching. I wanted to smash my telly. Having seen Baldock's Bristol City You Tube goals i get the impression those are the kind of chances he thrives on. Anyway, 'lets take the positives and move on to the next one' - N.A

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Perseus's league match thread record:

Started 5 won none. 4 draws, one loss. 2 scored, 3 conceded.

Quite incredible that he has a 100% win record for cup games, with 9 scored, 2 conceded.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We've played Cardiff, Notts. Forest and Watford recently. Three teams that were expected to do well this year, and to be honest I didn't see anything to frighten us. Our goal scoring remains a problem, but once that is sorted out I can see a steady climb up the table. We seem to have learnt how to defend now using Hyypia's system, the big gaps behind the fullbacks have been closed off, the next step is to get the midfielders up in support of our front man. I'm certain that it won't be long before we're turning these one point games into three pointers.

:bhasign:

I am withholding judgement until after the Middlesbro, Spurs and Bournemouth games. Cardiff and Watford did not have proper managers. We have not got worse and keeping possession is arguably better.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
goal.JPG

Ince :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Not what one might expect from a professional footballer.

goal2.JPG

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am withholding judgement until after the Middlesbro, Spurs and Bournemouth games. Cardiff and Watford did not have proper managers. We have not got worse and keeping possession is arguably better.

McKinlay will be pleased to know he isn't a proper manager having been appointed one earlier this week :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
View attachment 59167

Ince :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Not what one might expect from a professional footballer.

Indeed. Or any footballer, at any level, tbh.

You'll be pleased to hear though, that in this case, bensgrandad is going to give Stockdale 'the benefit of the doubt' whether he was to blame for the goal!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here