Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Day Thread ***

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Two decent away performances against two good sides. Our failure to take chances is a massive concern though.

Agreed. We should be pleased that we got 2 away points from 2 top 3 teams. Trouble is we are dropping points at home as we cannot take our chances.

Get this sorted soon and I think we can really move up the table.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sometimes it is like we are lost without Kaz, not on the pitch and it's all very flat.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Sometimes it is like we are lost without Kaz, not on the pitch and it's all very flat.

He is probably the only player in our team who offers a genuine threat to the opposition.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I enjoyed that.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Agreed. We should be pleased that we got 2 away points from 2 top 3 teams. Trouble is we are dropping points at home as we cannot take our chances.

Get this sorted soon and I think we can really move up the table.

We are competitive and attractive compared to many teams. Goals on our travels are not so much of an issue provided we are tight defensively. The idea is to snatch the odd one or two and come away with points where we can. The real issue is the home form and taking the three points more often. If we can get this sorted we can do well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. To say we will be in a relegation battle is to have no understanding of the quality of our squad, or in the ability of the management.

To be so dismissive of the possibility is pretty arrogant. We don't have a very good record of finding good strikers and if Baldock is not pretty damn good, then we are going to continue to have problems scoring. If you have problems scoring you will end up near the relegation zone, if not in it.

Which is kind of where we are now.

Whilst not disagreeing with your comments re the management, we don't actually know if Hyypia is going to be good.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
colunga AND cog
not colunga OR cog
one but not both
2 players could have played striker
one should have been on the bench
colunga has not set the world alight in the attacking midfield role

Got It :thumbsup:

Don't agree though. With Colunga as the one up front, of all four (him, COG,CMS,Baldock) he seems to have the least presence. I think his best position is the wide role.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Sami not happy with the wall (understandable) and thinks we should have taken chances (reasonable) and should have won (true).

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
To be so dismissive of the possibility is pretty arrogant. We don't have a very good record of finding good strikers and if Baldock is not pretty damn good, then we are going to continue to have problems scoring. If you have problems scoring you will end up near the relegation zone, if not in it.

Which is kind of where we are now.

Whilst not disagreeing with your comments re the management, we don't actually know if Hyypia is going to be good.

I can only judge Sami by the way we play. Against Cardiff (a recent premier league side) we were dominant and if not for Marshall would've won by four clear goals. Today we matched and very nearly beat a "top of the table" side. Our position is false and we WILL finish in the top half of the table. Who knows what may happen in the January transfer window. I, for one, have complete faith in Tony Bloom to assess the situation and make the right decisions for the club.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Some thoughts on the way home: Tex was the best payer on the pitch today. Dunc was at fault for the first goal. Worrying reliance on hit and hope, which their keeper didn't have too much trouble dealing with. Referee had strange reluctance to play advantage. Watford's new stand looks basic. Kaz needs to start. Again. And the need for a striker is almost laughable. Bruno was composed. Liked seeing ince back. Stockdale average, easy shot to save in the second half.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
Got It :thumbsup:

Don't agree though. With Colunga as the one up front, of all four (him, COG,CMS,Baldock) he seems to have the least presence. I think his best position is the wide role.

2 of them were injured today
COG seemed tired by the end

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Some thoughts on the way home: Tex was the best payer on the pitch today. Dunc was at fault for the first goal. Worrying reliance on hit and hope, which their keeper didn't have too much trouble dealing with. Referee had strange reluctance to play advantage. Watford's new stand looks basic. Kaz needs to start. Again. And the need for a striker is almost laughable. Bruno was composed. Liked seeing ince back. Stockdale average, easy shot to save in the second half.

You're gonna have to explain how Dunk was at fault for their goal. Baffling. Not sure Tex was anywhere close to being the best player on the pitch either.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I can only judge Sami by the way we play. Against Cardiff (a recent premier league side) we were dominant and if not for Marshall would've won by four clear goals. Today we matched and very nearly beat a "top of the table" side. Our position is false and we WILL finish in the top half of the table. Who knows what may happen in the January transfer window. I, for one, have complete faith in Tony Bloom to assess the situation and make the right decisions for the club.
Well said.

If, and I mean if, we end up needing a goal poacher, I'm quite sure TB will bring one in.

I reckon the guys we have will start popping them in soon though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here