Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watford - an absolute joy to watch (and everything we aren't)

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
You're right. What Watford were really lacking yesterday was a headless chicken to miss an endless supply of piss-easy chances.

So which one is it? A team that doesn't move the ball quick enough has 60% of possession or a team that creates and endless supply of piss easy chances?

Personally I thought we matched watford in the first half and crofts should have scored. Was a great game between two very good sides trying to play decent footy.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
So which one is it? A team that doesn't move the ball quick enough has 60% of possession or a team that creates and endless supply of piss easy chances?

Personally I thought we matched watford in the first half and crofts should have scored. Was a great game between two very good sides trying to play decent footy.

Glad I'm not the only one that thought this. Decent enough game, they were better but being able to have so many good players available on a play before you pay basis provides an uneven playing field.

Zola did well bonding do many players but it is clearly an unfair advantage having foreign multiple club owners - needs to be tightened to limit loan players regardless of country of origin.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Outclassed in every way, I loved watching them play. Ruthless on the counter attack, they don't piss about. Literally 3 passes then Vydra was on his way to glory. It wasn't hoof the ball up the park and hope for the big lump scores. It was cold, ruthless and merciless.

That's how football should be, and I honestly think we should look to Zola for inspiration in terms of philosophy.

Will it happen?

f*** no.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Outclassed in every way, I loved watching them play. Ruthless on the counter attack, they don't piss about. Literally 3 passes then Vydra was on his way to glory. It wasn't hoof the ball up the park and hope for the big lump scores. It was cold, ruthless and merciless.

That's how football should be, and I honestly think we should look to Zola for inspiration in terms of philosophy.

Will it happen?

f*** no.

I honestly don't think we are that far way from that. Striker/Goal score apart we have played some sensational stuff this year - Sheff Wed, Bolton etc. I completely agree with you in terms of ruthless finishing but this has been debated endlessly on here. I think Poyet and Zola are from the same mould and want to play nice attacking footy. It is only our second season in championship - I believe in the style Poyet plays - if promotion doesn't happen this season we will be nailed on next season which is about right for where we should be IMO.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location

Simples. Most weeks we create a lot of chances, but we didn't against Watford.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Were they any better than we were against Bolton earlier in the season? Granted they put the ball away better than us but the movement and passing up until the final shot was on par with what we have produced for the vast majority of the season.

This is an interesting comparison and no, I don't think they were much better BUT as you say, our finishing was appalling and now were in a downwards spiral with low team morale and no obvious quick or one-off fix.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here