Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watchdog last night (pontins)

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Ive stayed at camber a few years back and it was dreadful. Wiorst place ive ever been. BUT went to Brean sands this year with the kids and had a great time. Cheap cheerful, clean, - entertainment brilliant, so tried to post ot on the watchdog web yesterday but got "sorry this article is closed to comments" (there were no comments on there). Terribly biased jounralism. It seemed to me that they had started cleaning up their act.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't really understand the whole 'you get what you pay for'.

Granted, it is cheap, but that doesn't mean that the service should be of poor standard or basic hygiene be non-existant.

If I purchase a £1.20 sandwich, I am not expecting it to win any culinary awards, but I expect it to be edible.

One problem is the general public willing 'accept' what they are given and get on with it.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Does anyone actually agree Watchdog is good journalism?

Well i think it's good to bring the shady/rip-off tradesmen to book, and makes great viewing too - I just can't help shouting at the screen sometimes :D

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I thought I remembered her from somewhere, she was on an old programme from the later part of the 90s, I did see a few episodes.

She really has not a clue how to handle the situation, as others have said, she did more harm than good for her company, possibly thought her hard line tatics could take on Ann Robinson, probably not a good idea.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/localhistory/journey/lime_street/adelphi/series.shtml

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't really understand the whole 'you get what you pay for'.

Granted, it is cheap, but that doesn't mean that the service should be of poor standard or basic hygiene be non-existant.

If I purchase a £1.20 sandwich, I am not expecting it to win any culinary awards, but I expect it to be edible.

One problem is the general public willing 'accept' what they are given and get on with it.

Agree here, I recently moved and changed doctors. For several reasons I was not at all happy with my new practice so I complained. I got a patronising and frankly rude letter from the doctor so I replied (in writing) in kind. Despite the fact that no profanity was used and no threats were made I got a visit from the Police because this wanker had complained ! Having explained my position to them and also showed them my letter they agreed that this egotistical fool just didn't like being told where to get off. (Having worked for the NHS from time to time I have found that, whilst rare you do find some doctors who are arrogant beyond words and in fact cannot see anybody else's point of view). Anyway, I have complained to my PCT about this practice and a bit to my surprise they are investigating the practice, seems I'm not the only person to have issues with the clown. I might add that the one I am with now is excellent.

What bores me are people who moan and complain about something then do nothing about it.

D

Deleted User X18H

D

Deleted User X18H

Agree here, I recently moved and changed doctors. For several reasons I was not at all happy with my new practice so I complained. I got a patronising and frankly rude letter from the doctor so I replied (in writing) in kind. Despite the fact that no profanity was used and no threats were made I got a visit from the Police because this wanker had complained ! Having explained my position to them and also showed them my letter they agreed that this egotistical fool just didn't like being told where to get off. (Having worked for the NHS from time to time I have found that, whilst rare you do find some doctors who are arrogant beyond words and in fact cannot see anybody else's point of view). Anyway, I have complained to my PCT about this practice and a bit to my surprise they are investigating the practice, seems I'm not the only person to have issues with the clown. I might add that the one I am with now is excellent.

What bores me are people who moan and complain about something then do nothing about it.

Is there anything you don't moan about? If you won the lottery you'd probably make a fuss about having to count out 14 million quid so as to make sure you hadn't been diddled.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Is there anything you don't moan about? If you won the lottery you'd probably make a fuss about having to count out 14 million quid so as to make sure you hadn't been diddled.

You know, for somebody who talks crap on a regular basis you're one to talk. I don't know where you get your ridiculous ideas from but I suppose the Tory doctrine you subscribe to makes you the perfect example of a lying bullshitter. Whilst we all know that you have a very screwed and inaccurate view of the World why do you think that everybody has the same hang ups as you ? When did I last moan about something ? Okay, Trick or Treat ? If you read that thread the vast majority of people agreed with me. Of course being a Tory the word 'Majority' has a different meaning to people who read the Oxford English Dictionary.

Haven't you got a cyclist to attack ?

D

Deleted User X18H

You know, for somebody who talks crap on a regular basis you're one to talk. I don't know where you get your ridiculous ideas from but I suppose the Tory doctrine you subscribe to makes you the perfect example of a lying bullshitter. Whilst we all know that you have a very screwed and inaccurate view of the World why do you think that everybody has the same hang ups as you ? When did I last moan about something ? Okay, Trick or Treat ? If you read that thread the vast majority of people agreed with me. Of course being a Tory the word 'Majority' has a different meaning to people who read the Oxford English Dictionary.

Haven't you got a cyclist to attack ?

Ohh blimey as the kids in the office tell each other 'go and sit by the pool' You forgot your Red Cross/Olympic spat.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ohh blimey as the kids in the office tell each other 'go and sit by the pool' You forgot your Red Cross/Olympic spat.

Well you see, unlike you I don't like being called a liar. As far as it goes if that's your idea of moaning I dread to think what your sex life is like. Funny how you feel that making up shit is okay but there again that's just part of your Tory mantra. Maybe you should stick to making up crap about what sort of fans you prefer. There again maybe you should just f*** off.

D

Deleted User X18H

Well you see, unlike you I don't like being called a liar. As far as it goes if that's your idea of moaning I dread to think what your sex life is like. Funny how you feel that making up shit is okay but there again that's just part of your Tory mantra. Maybe you should stick to making up crap about what sort of fans you prefer. There again maybe you should just f*** off.

When did I call you a liar? I just said you moan a lot. You think about my sex life? Weird. With two under 4's I THINK about it a lot as well. If you must know extractor fans are my favourite and those new type tower fans. Now come on lighten up and enjoy the game today.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Sorry, meant the Romans would have made giant leaps in half a year.

Failure to meet basic hygiene standards 'despite' only running/owning the place for half a year is ridiculous. Surely the group knew what they were taking on and didn't decide to buy the chain on a whim. No excuses.

No wonder these sort of ventures fail so often and end up being passed around like Katie Price.

Numbers not your strong point? Count back from now to when their was not high prebooked occupancy levels preventing access, July 1 say?? & you're down to 10-12 weeks, some rooms may well have been prebooked from Easter, the WHOLE 26 weeks...should they tile the bathroom while someone is having a bath?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Numbers not your strong point? Count back from now to when their was not high prebooked occupancy levels preventing access, July 1 say?? & you're down to 10-12 weeks, some rooms may well have been prebooked from Easter, the WHOLE 26 weeks...should they tile the bathroom while someone is having a bath?

Are you really suggesting they shouldn't have to clean the rooms thoroughly between visits, because they're busy?

That's what it reads like.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Seemingly, Billy the Fish. Any timescale should allow a new company an opportunity to improve standards of a basic level.

I'm not sure what my numerical skills have to do with the ethos that rooms should be of a satisfactory level of cleanliness and/or that facilities should not be offered if they are not fit for purpose. The group picked the business up for a peppercorn. I don't like the attitude "It was like this when we picked it up".

Why not invest in the chain immediately and postpone customers until the work is done, whilst training staff to improve on their current performances?

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I went to camber sands at the becoming of the summer with the lady I work for. Ok it was vert basic and old fashioned but we had a good time and would consider going again at the right price. After all there aren't many places u can get a weeks holiday for 3 people (1 in a wheelchair) for £150 in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here