Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watchdog last night (pontins)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Robinson is very clever, opening line was where did you go on holiday and she said Majorca !

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Ha Ha...I saw it. Anne Robinson owned her!
The woman from Pontins wouldn't take any criticism. She just wanted to argue every point Anne Robinson put forward.
Not great PR for Pontins after that appearance on Watchdog.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
obviously doesnt understand you're suppoed to go on Watchdog and make an appeal that its all terribly poor form, glad this has been higlighted, very sorry, will be changing for the better. a general act of contrition and plea for forgivness. she done alot more damage instead.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Never been to Pontins but after that womans attitude of "tough to the people who didn't get a quality product" I know I never will. Horrific.

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
I didn't see Watchdog last night but I was "lucky" enough to win a trip for the family to Pontins, Camber Sands for one of their Christmas weekends.

When we first walked into the reception/entertainment area I was truly amazed, I thought I had been transported back to the late 60's early 70's when I used to stay at Butlins with my dad. It was a great nostalgia trip, the decorations, the dingyness, the smell, everything.

However that soon changed when we got to the chalet and the reality hit. With a blizzard outside and temperatures below freezing, the fact that we could see the snow piling up through the gap between the outside door and the wall and condensation pouring down the windows we knew we wouldn't be spending much time in the chalet. Two nights we were there with me the wife and our two kids sleeping fully clothed all in one bed and spending the two days in the ballroom watching what wasn't bad, but not particularly good, childrens entertainment.

The kids had fun but I would NEVER pay to go to a Pontins no matter how cheap it was and in all honesty if I ever won that comp again I would probably turn it down.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
haha, missed that.

I've been to pontins Prestatyn and camber sands loads of times for club events. Good fun when you're off your mash for 3 days, but it is a right shithole and I couldn't imagine taking a family holiday there.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
A few years ago, when the kids were small, I got persuaded by a mate to take the family on one of those £9.50 Sun holidays and we ended up at Camber Sands.

I've always considered myself working class but one week there and I felt like I was descended from the House of Windsor.

Highlight of the week was cabaret night, when with 500 people packed into the ballroom Bucks Fizz featuring Mike Nolan and David Van Day made their way on to the stage and the majority of the crowd didn't take a blind bit of notice.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I didn't see Watchdog last night but I was "lucky" enough to win a trip for the family to Pontins, Camber Sands for one of their Christmas weekends.

When we first walked into the reception/entertainment area I was truly amazed, I thought I had been transported back to the late 60's early 70's when I used to stay at Butlins with my dad. It was a great nostalgia trip, the decorations, the dingyness, the smell, everything.

However that soon changed when we got to the chalet and the reality hit. With a blizzard outside and temperatures below freezing, the fact that we could see the snow piling up through the gap between the outside door and the wall and condensation pouring down the windows we knew we wouldn't be spending much time in the chalet. Two nights we were there with me the wife and our two kids sleeping fully clothed all in one bed and spending the two days in the ballroom watching what wasn't bad, but not particularly good, childrens entertainment.

The kids had fun but I would NEVER pay to go to a Pontins no matter how cheap it was and in all honesty if I ever won that comp again I would probably turn it down.
The one at Pakefield in Suffolk was exactly like this when we had the misfortune to end up there one Saturday night about eight years ago. It was hideous, and the prefab chalet stank of piss.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mrs Hut took the kids and her Mum to that one at Camber for £9.50 a few years back and when she got there said how horrible it was and I just said what do you expect for £9.50.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I thought I heard her say, shut Up! To poor Ann.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Watchdog does put a very biased slant on whatever subject matter it is dealing with however.......

That was a holiday camp????????????

It looked more like Beirut.

And when she is booted out of whatever hotel chain she works for that lady looked like she could be a perfect replacement for Spike/Butch on Tom & Jerry.

D

Deleted User X18H

To be fair why would the people shown to be complaining in that piece ever want to go to Pontins?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here