Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was it worth the sacrifice.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No, you havnt killed it....somebody will be along to slag me off soon im sure haha...
I read a long time ago that bowie used to write words on bits of paper...throw them all down and work from there randomly...im guessing the same sort of thing...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Very good Buzzer.

[To heckler] Hey, I don’t come down to where you work and expose the bureaucratic machine in which you’re embedded as the dehumanizing monolith it is.

Very good.

Excellent!

Two nuns in the bath. One says "where's the soap?", the other nun is eating it. The sun does not rise that day.

How many Irishmen does it take to change a lightbulb? One, but the rest must suffer the light.

A man goes to the doctor. Again.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No you wouldn't because you'd be dead.

And UKIP are many things but they are absolutely NOT fascists. If anything they are libertarians.

Some of the 'Libertarians' seen to have fairly racist, fascist, and mysoginistic views :)
This line from UKIP supporters about everybody calling them fascists, 'show me the fascist polices' etc...seem to ignore
the fact that the party is full of fascists, racists, homophobes, and mysoginists...who are not particularly 'libertarian'

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Some of the 'Libertarians' seen to have fairly racist, fascist, and mysoginistic views :)
This line from UKIP supporters about everybody calling them fascists, 'show me the fascist polices' etc...seem to ignore
the fact that the party is full of fascists, racists, homophobes, and mysoginists...who are not particularly 'libertarian'

As is the Tory party Dave. Can you point me towards Farages fascist policies? I'd be interested to read them.

Thanks

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
So, you want me to 'point at fascist' policies, and not the fact that the party is full of Fascists, Racists, Homophobes, and Mysoginists?
The point im making is, its getting a bit tired seeing the same old crap from UKIP supporters...ie 'Can you point me towards Farages fascist policies?'
When the main reason for people calling them fascists, racists, homophobes, and mysoginists is ??

Heres a quiz...which party suspended an elected candidate for a racist outburt, FIVE days after being elected in the recent Euro elections?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Have a read of his short stories and then those jokes will start to make sense. I'd recommend 'The Helmsman' in particular to get a flavour of the happy-go-lucky nature of party boy Kafka.

Metamorphosis is my favourite Kafka short story and whilst I would recommend it to anyone, I would never describe it as a barrel of laughs.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You sound like the political wing of HybridX

:)

Because theres no rightwingers on NSC that denigrate our country on a regular basis?
and they blame...immigration, labour politicians, the left...everybody but themselves obviously.
How many times have you seen people here say the country has turned to shit?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
:)

Because theres no rightwingers on NSC that denigrate our country on a regular basis?
and they blame...immigration, labour politicians, the left, then deny they denigrate the country....its quite entertaining....

Denigrating the Left is unpatriotic, is it? Blimey! A career writing speeches for Kim Il-Jong beckons.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Who said it was 'unpatriotic'? ....Not me...why would you say that exactly?
However, if you believe the 'left' is the reason that right wingers consider our country shit, then thats rather silly.
People who consider our country shit....do not love it....

How many times have you seen right-wingers on here announcing the country is shit, and detailing the reasons, or rather, their opinions

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Condescending much? You're right, the demographic of UKIP voters is older. It is also a widely recognised fact that the older we become the less tolerant we become, even if that is only because younger generations become more tolerant. And as you also pointed out a lot of veterans have a very deep seated distrust towards Germany. But your wild assumption that a "significant proportion" of veterans vote UKIP, based purely on conjecture, is utterly absurd.

Now here's an uncomfortable reality for YOU. Millions of men and women gave their lives to rid Europe of a scapegoating, fear mongering political disease that based a person’s worth on the nation they were born in, the colour of their skin and the god they believe in. They convinced a broken nation that the route of their social and economic problems was caused by certain sections of society that were different, sections of society that were somehow beneath them because of the aforementioned reasons. They used xenophobia and racism to sew distrust and fear in to the people until the people started to believe them. Now, doesn’t that sound familiar? So forgive me if I find it hard to believe a "significant number" of veterans queueing up the polling station to vote for a party that uses the same tactics to get votes.

I think you are young and naive, I would argue in society “people” are far more politically extreme (and intolerant of others) in their youth than they are in their older mellowing years. The vast majority of political and religous violence today (and historically) is largely driven by young, naive idealists. Show me the rioting geriatrics being assuaged by their peace loving younger peers and I may concede defeat on this point.

As for the demographic of UKIP voters I know I am right, all of the current analysis proves that UKIP receive a significant amount of its support from over 60s, and the indications (from eminent political commentators) is that this support is even greater amongst over 80s. There is nothing absurd about that considered assessment, and if you want to believe it is conjecture, more fool you.

Indeed, only an imbecile would could conflate two diametrically opposing position by one the one hand venerating the older generations for their supreme sacrifice in WWII and then attacking all UKIP voters as intolerant fascists.

Now, let’s take a look at your second paragraph. You may want to believe the facile schmaltz you are curling out about the motives of why British people fought in WWII, however the facts are that many many more would have fought out of duty, patriotism and the belief that Britain should remain the master of its own destiny.

You may want to buy the world a coke, but that was not how it was in years gone by..................despite how much you want to think it was.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Excellent!

Two nuns in the bath. One says "where's the soap?", the other nun is eating it. The sun does not rise that day.

How many Irishmen does it take to change a lightbulb? One, but the rest must suffer the light.

A man goes to the doctor. Again.

Such GRATE humour, I didn't KNOW you were SUCH a connoisseur and NOW I know why YOU think my GAGS are so UNFUNNY

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Who said it was 'unpatriotic'? ....Not me...why would you say that exactly?

Unpatriotic is just a synonym for denigrating your own country. That's why I'd say it.....exactly.

However, if you believe the 'left' is the reason that right wingers consider our country shit, then thats rather silly.

You're having a pop at me for taking up a position that you've invented and I've never expressed. Now that's rather silly.

To clarify - blaming the left and Labour politicians in particular is denigrating the country according to you, comrade Dave. I think that's silly too.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
so, youre saying that people who say our country is shit, are unpatriotic?...Not sure the rightwingers here would agree with you on that, but I totally agree with you, but lets be honest. They are the ones constantly whinging about our country...it doesnt suggest to me that they 'love' it......they 'love' something it was in the past...that isnt coming back.
Im not having a pop at you at all...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
so, youre saying that people who say our country is shit, are unpatriotic?...Not sure the rightwingers here would agree with you on that.
Im not having a pop at you at all...

No, I'm not saying that at all and you're mixing up two different arguments. You said that right-wingers who moan about the Left dragging this country down, denigrate the country. I found the idea of hating a political creed equating to hating your country quite amusing/baffling. It's directly from the gospel according to Mao.

I also disagree completely with that assertion. They're denigrating the Left for causing the country to slump (if that's the right word). That's completely different from denigrating the country. If anything it shows they still care deeply about their country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here