Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ward Off to Burnley?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I'm at a loss at how the club is getting blamed for this. Same as the Sammy Lee situation isn't it? PL club pops up at the last minute with huge wages that we could never/would never match. We can bang on and on about how it 'should have' been sorted in the summer, but it sounds as if he and Wolves were always waiting for the big bucks clubs to come aknocking.

Simples.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Let's be honest, you are just about to sign for a Championship club when the Premiership comes a calling.
No brainer really, I would do the same.
Don't forget it is a career move for them and not a past time.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm at a loss at how the club is getting blamed for this. Same as the Sammy Lee situation isn't it? PL club pops up at the last minute with huge wages that we could never/would never match. We can bang on and on about how it 'should have' been sorted in the summer, but it sounds as if he and Wolves were always waiting for the big bucks clubs to come aknocking.

Simples.

Yes but if we had tried to sort it properly early in the Summer we would either ended up with the player or forced Burnley's hand and been able to move on to other targets. In either case we wouldn't have ended up a week into the season without an established left back.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Getting with childish insults now are we ? Grow up.

They may not be wrong, they may well be right. But shouting from the trees that its the club to blame when it actually might not be is foolish, and not seeing that without clear facts in turn makes you foolish.

Your so right, I can't believe I'm the only one who is concerned that something troublesome might be occurring. I'll lay low and wait to see if anybody else notices it in the near future. :ffsparr:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Here we go again, so because I not slating the club at this time, id have supported Archer and Belotti ? You could not be more f*cking wrong !!

The intelligence levels on here tonight clearly arent very high. I have stated a few thousand times already, mostly to yourself, that you cannot judge the club at this time without full facts. It may well be a colossal f*ck up by the club, which if it is - they must be held accountable.
Keep digging fella :lol:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I think we'll see Sami ripping into Ward's agent at this mornings pre match press conference.

I don't I think it will be the as the sammy lee thing, disappointed but that's football we move on etc.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Perhaps he has looked at our current squad, our players in and players out and thought f*ck that. We are not a particularly attractive team to play for at the moment as we've sold all our best players. It's easier to attract players to play in a good team, much harder to attract players to join a mid-lower championship squad.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6509909 said:
Perhaps he has looked at our current squad, our players in and players out and thought f*ck that. We are not a particularly attractive team to play for at the moment as we've sold all our best players. It's easier to attract players to play in a good team, much harder to attract players to join a mid-lower championship squad.

Then why agree personal terms? He has just seen the prospect of getting more money elsewhere, that's all.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Then why agree personal terms? He has just seen the prospect of getting more money elsewhere, that's all.

Perhaps it was a deliberate middle-finger salute. I.e. You've dicked me around all summer haggling over a few grand here and there, now I'm going to go all the way and p1ss off elsewhere at the last minute. Wrong, on so many levels, but entirely out of the question?

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
It could be that Burnley offered him Premiership football and given the stage of his career he though "why the hell not". We have to remember that players do not have the same emotional tie to clubs that we do.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I wish you would all shut up, its gonna be fine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here